Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Active Directory Authentication

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Active Directory Authentication
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Hi,

I have just activate the AD authetication on the webconsole. I have been asked to specify the user that will have admin rights which i did.
In the file admin.cfg, this user has admin_level= SRV but when i connect to the console i can see that i do not have the admin privileges.

Did i do soemthing wrong or is it a bug in 7.6.5

Regards.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFocus 7.6.5
AND WebLogic server as web server
sql2005 as database server

Posts: 273 | Location: Europe | Registered: May 31, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
What you did sounds right.

If you go to "My Console" -> "Logon Status".

Does it show you logged in as the user you think you're logged in as, and with what privileges?

The 765 Reporting Server has a bug that makes it not able to use ldap_ad_only set to "Yes" without locking the userid. However, I have not encountered any problems in 765 with LDAP security in specifying and identifying and Admin userid.

WF 71.x, 76.x, 7701, 8.0 Beta OS: Linux, Win2k3, Win2k, Win2k8, WinXP

Posts: 203 | Registered: November 19, 2007Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi Dlogan

here is what i can see:

Updated: July 7 16:03:40
Security: LDAP
User: 280webfocustest
Administration Level: Basic User
Authentication:explicit
Total Web Sessions: 2

What is funny is when i turned on AD on the sebconsole it asked me to specify the user that will be the administrator and that is 280webfocustest.
When i look to admin.cfg i am able to see that this user has Admin_Level=SRV.

So i am confused.

Thanks for your help.

WebFocus 7.6.5

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Interesting, maybe its a bug with a username that starts with a number?

Can you try another userid that starts with a letter and see if you get the same results?

You can copy and paste an entry into the end of the admin.cfg if you need to for the new user, just be sure to drop the password block, or have the password of that new user the same as the other.

e.g.

admin_id = MyNewUserid
BEGIN
  admin_level = SRV
END

Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi Dlogan,

Still does not work. Webfocus always surprise me. You read the doc but the result is something else. I just will give up and let it without security. It is Safe this way Lol.

Thanks anyway for your help

Regards.

WebFocus 7.6.5

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Ok, if you don't have a case open yet, why don't you open one with Techsupport so that they can run traces, etc?

They should be able to help you out.

Guru
posted Hide Post
Majid Jeddi,

Are you using MS Internet Explorer when you access the Server Console? We use LDAP authentication with Windows Active Directory. I am constantly running into issues between DevStudio and MS Internet Explorer.
For example, if I log on to the WebFOCUS Admin Console as an administrator then launch the WebFOCUS Server Console from there it authenticates me with the cookie from the last time I logged on to the Business Intelligence Dashboard.
When I am working in DevStudio and I want to test something in our MRE using Internet Explorer I need to log off the server in DevStudio otherwise, even though I log on to the BID as a normal user, it will still be using the profile from the admin user.

I guess my point here is that I wonder if it has more to do with your browser than with the security settings. What happens if you log on to the Server Console using Firefox?

Regards,

Dan

7.7.05M/7.7.03 HF6 on Windows Server 2003 SP2 output to whatever is required.

Posts: 393 | Location: St. Paul, MN | Registered: November 06, 2007Report This Post