Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED]WF 8.0.08 + IE11 - Issues with GUI-designed parameter screens in WF 7.7.03

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED]WF 8.0.08 + IE11 - Issues with GUI-designed parameter screens in WF 7.7.03
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
We're on WF 8.0.08. I volunteered to test all our WF content because we're switching from IE9 to IE11.

I've had several problems with pages designed in WF 7.7.03 and then never edited once we moved to WF 8.0.08. They work in IE9 but not in IE11. For one parameter screen (dare I call it an Info App?) one very simple Year drop-down list (populated by an internal fex) does not get populated. On several parameter screens where we use output format icons - the images do not display. I've been able to fix this by opening the page in Dev Studio HTML Composer and then saving without making changes. Of course, behind the scenes, a lot is getting changed.

Anyone else deal with this?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
To clarify, you are working in DevStudio and not AppStudio in 8.0.08? If so, I haven't used DevStudio since February or so. My mindset is centered around AppStudio now. I can't imagine DevStudio's HTML Composer being much different in functionality than AppStudio's HTML Composer tool save for everything being in the ribbon up top now instead of deeply nested dialog pop-ups.

Have you tried recreating/relinking the images from scratch via the GUI designer? I know in 8 the links to everything have gone to absolute paths now if you are working under Content. Maybe the links just needed updated for those. Cool trick with saving an untouched page within DevStudio. Didn't know you could do that.

In regards to your year value drop down list based off of an internal/embedded pop. request, can you run just the request and get it to pump out the correct XML value sets? If so, have you tried populating the control with that request but making it an external request instead? I know we've had similar issues in that department a few months back, and I thought that was what we did to fix things. That, or it was the other way around. Can't quite remember.

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.

Posts: 1113 | Location: USA | Registered: January 27, 2015Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
They work in IE9 but not in IE11

If you view source, you will see IBI forces Compatibility Mode for IE. In fact, we have seen that in WF8.0.07 they force portals to use IE10, but in WF 8.0.09, they force it to use IE8. Which may be what your running into. Try going into your browser and making sure you don't have compatibility mode checked and that you don't have the domain added to your compatibility settings.

- FOCUS Man, just FOCUS!
-----------------------------
Product: WebFOCUS
Version: 8.1.04
Server: Windows 2008 Server

Expert
posted Hide Post
Gavin, I checked my compatibility settings and nothing is set. We've sometimes overridden what Dev Studio sets the page to. We sometimes ad this to the top:

<!DOCTYPE HTML>
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge">

CoolGuy, the point is, whatever I do, I have to open each offending web page and do something with it - most likely open/save is enough. I wouldn't dare use App Studio, as far as I've been told, the first usable version is 8.1.04 and we're on 8.0.08. And opening/saving Dev Studio 7.7.03 created pages in App Studio 8.0.08 will only cause heartbreak.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
True stuff Francis...true stuff. Sucks to have to redo so much just to move to a newer tool set.

From my experience, we've had to recreate from scratch every HTML document brought over from 7.x to 8.x thus far. So, yeah, hold out as long as your site can with getting on board with AppStudio. If I remember correctly, either DevStudio 8.1.05 or 8.2.00 will be the last of its iterations. Good luck!

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.

Posts: 1113 | Location: USA | Registered: January 27, 2015Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
If the web page is referenced in a B.I. Portal page, setting the X-UA-Compatible meta header to edge or 9 doesn't make any difference, because BIP sets it to 10.

<!DOCTYPE html>

<html>
	<head>
	    <title>BI Portal</title>
		<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
		<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE10" >		
		<meta http-equiv="MsThemeCompatible" content="yes">
		<meta http-equiv="ImageToolBar" content="no">
		<link type="text/css" rel="StyleSheet" href="/ibi_apps/bindows/css/bimain.css">
		<script type="text/javascript" src="/ibi_apps/bindows/js/application.js"></script>
	</head>
	<body>
		<script type="text/javascript">application.start("/ibi_apps/bindows", "/ibi_apps/tools/portal/resources/markup/wfbiportalrun.jsp?&ViewID=VR-IGV5ZELR1XVE1Z32J526&ViewName=ie11_test&ViewTitle=ie11_test&SessionTimeout=7200000")</script>
	</body>
</html>

Francis