Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED]Dynamic WHERE clause for SQL Report

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED]Dynamic WHERE clause for SQL Report
 Login/Join

posted
Hello to everyone,
I'm new with WebFOCUS Reports and I need some hints to move on.

I try to create an SQL Report in App Studio displaying a list of ATM transactions which are retrieved from an Oracle DB. Since the amount of data is enormous the desired result is to enable the user to select some filtering criteria (transaction date, card type etc.) prior to execute the query. I played a bit with the "Filter" settings on the "Report" ribbon but it appears to me that the selected filtering criteria are applied after all the data defined in the SQL for the SQL report are retrieved. However, this is unacceptable from the performace point of view. On the other hand, when I add a WHERE clause directly to the SQL statement in the "SQL Editor" tab, where SQL Report query is diplayed, the condition is part of the query executed on the database and the data show up fast.

Is it possible to display to the user a set of filtering criteria and based on selected values modify the report's SQL statement in runtime, so the report would be generated quickly? If so, how?

And can I set up a hypertext link for each record that would display a new report/form with detailed data on that particular record (transaction).

Thank you for help. It will be very appreciated.
Peter

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

WebFocus 8105m

Master
posted Hide Post
Peter,

It seems that you probably need some basic training on the tool. If at all possible I would look into taking a class on App Studio. Until then it will be useful for you to reference the online help guide in regards to filter groups. You can find the online help guide here: http://infocenter.informationb...om/wf81rel/index.jsp

expand WebFOCUS Release 8.1 Version 8.05M -> WebFOCUS App Studio Reference Guide -> Creating Reports in WebFOCUS -> Report Tab.

Also since I'm not entirely clear on what your expectation is. You may need to refer to the HTML guide as well: WebFOCUS Release 8.1 Version 8.05M -> WebFOCUS App Studio Reference Guide -> Creating HTML Pages in WebFOCUS App Studio

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Eric. I read the help topics you suggested and I got it work. Eventually I used a normal report with a Master File and Joins instead of an SQL report and it seems all right.

Peter

WebFocus 8105m

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi

In the SQL Report (within the SQL Select statement) you could manually create WHERE filters based on WF variables,
In yours SQL WHERE statements replace the values with WF Amper variables

Yours,
Eran
SRL Products

http://www.srl.co.il

Posts: 97 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: November 20, 2005Report This Post