Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Business Intelligence Dashboards or Portals

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Business Intelligence Dashboards or Portals
 Login/Join

posted
Hello all,

I am completely new to all of WebFocus. I have only been working with it for 4 months, and I am having some issues.

I began building Portals by creating different fex files within Dev Studio and launching them with parameters in one html. It runs slowly, but looks beautiful.

Then, I was advised to put the fex files within the html and only put the html in the portal. This worked faster, but not as pretty because it does not automatically launch.

Now, I am being advised to create Dashboards within the portal, where output can only be in Active html. We are having many issues with the charts in run view due to the active html, and were told that that is how the product is. Creating complex code seems to be an issue as well, since nobody is really familiar with Dashboards and Reporting Objects. It seems to be very difficult to work with, but my supervisor believes that this is the way we should be doing things.

Does anyone have any helpful advice?

Is there any knowledge of the best methods for building the Business Intelligence Portals?

Thank you so much

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Expert
posted Hide Post
April 18th Webinar - Dashboard Tips and Techniques

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
<Kathryn Henning>
posted
Hi dclq63,

Information on building Business Intelligence Portals can be found at:

Business Intelligence Portal

If there are specific issues or errors that you're encountering, please detail them here so that we can look into them.

Thanks and regards,

Kathryn

Report This Post