Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Weird MRE login issue (Deferred Reports)

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Weird MRE login issue (Deferred Reports)
 Login/Join

Master
posted
This is weird and happens periodically. I can't really determine what causes it, but here one example of the behavior. Anyone help me with this?

1. Ensure all browser windows are closed and Dev Studio is closed. There is literally nothing else running.
2. Open IE and navigate to MRE home: http://servername:8080/ibi_html/workbnch/mrlogon.htm
3. Logon with my personal ID (AD if that matters).
4. Choose 'Deferred Status' from the icon tab.
5. Deferred status page comes up and shows my entries, but all buttons are gone and error message appears next to all:
Friday, December 17, 2010 2:43:35 PM   WOBlake   MAN_2009     Submitted by Server ID: E41334 Current ID is: ibiadm  

E41334 is my personal ID, ibiadm is the admin ID.

Like I said, this happens in Dev Studio (EDASERVE and MR logons are set to my personal ID) and the MR applet window. It has happened in the past periodically and then just resolves itself. Any ideas?

- ABT

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

------------------------------------
WF Environment:
Server/Client, ReportCaster, Dev Studio: 7.6.11
Resource Analyzer, Resource Governor, Library, Maintain, InfoAssist
Application/Web Server: Tomcat 5.5.25
Java: JDK 1.6.0_03
Authentication: LDAP, MRREALM Driver
Output: PDF, EXL2K, HTM

Databases:
Oracle 10g
DB2 (AS/400)
MSSQL Server 2005
Access/FoxPro

Posts: 561 | Registered: February 03, 2010Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
I've also restarted Tomcat and cleared Tomcat Cache and restarted Tomcat. Same issue still is present.

WF Environment:

Databases:
Oracle 10g
DB2 (AS/400)
MSSQL Server 2005
Access/FoxPro

Posts: 561 | Registered: February 03, 2010Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Perhaps its something to do with the WebFOCUS server. The deferred list checked the edaserver to make sure the deferred tickets are still there.

Could there be a comms issue between them.

You should get the delete option though, and its should be unknown.

Have you checked the Wbe page source, is there an error in there ?

You also may have to turn tracing on for MRE to see if there is some sort of error.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Waz,
Thanks for your feedback. The strange thing is that this issue 'just appears' when it wants and disappears just as randomly. There's nothing that the developers (or even admin) are doing on their respective ends that could cause something to just stop working.

I'll try getting on the server and seeing if there is a communication interruption somewhere.

- ABT

WF Environment:

Databases: