Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Question on changing map provider

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Question on changing map provider
 Login/Join

posted
Hi Focal Point,

I'm wondering where the Provider gets set on the Reporting Server > Workspace > GEO Services > Edit Configuration screen.

We have two servers, one has WFRS for the County and Zip code and the other has WFRS/ESRI for these values. The one that has WFRS/ESRI is far more accurate. I'm struggling to see where this property is set (or if there's an xml file somewhere that controls this).

I have read the IBI documentation for this screen but am still coming up empty. Any ideas out there on what I can look at next?

Thanks in advance!

Dan

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dan Brooke,

Dan B.
WebFocus 8205M

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
What version of WebFOCUS are you using?

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Production (which is set to WFRS/ESRI) is 8203M
Internal servers (which we want to change) are 8205M

Dan B.
WebFocus 8205M

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Please change the Code Page to UTF-8 for the 8205M servers and restart the server. Also please clear the browser cache. Thanks.

Mithu Datta

Posts: 5 | Location: New York | Registered: August 27, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Edited: I had made a mistake with the geo_services.xml and now that I've corrected this, mapping works with 8205.

Thank you for the update. The 8205 server that maps as expected has a code page of 1252 (Windows/UNIX) which matches our 8205 system. We've changed the 8205 to UTF-8, cleared cache, and restarted with no visible effect (maps still don't render the same and the provider for CITIES and POSTAL-CODE still say WFRS (not WFRS/ESRI).

I have found that the 8203 version of the geo_services.xml file is significantly longer than the 8205 version. I replaced the 8205 version with the 8203 version and the COUNTRY and POSTAL-CODE areas got a provider of WFRS/ESRI. In addition, reporting appears to behave as before.

I will make a case with IBI to ask if the change to the geo_service.xml is intentional or if this is an issue with the gen we used to install.

Thank you for the ideas!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dan Brooke,

Dan B.
WebFocus 8205M