Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Is MORE available in DEV STUDIO GUI

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Is MORE available in DEV STUDIO GUI
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Is MORE available in DEV STUDIO GUI? I know how to write “FILE DEF....END MORE name”, but how can I develop the same code using the GUI interface, not just text editor?
thnx Endre

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Posts: 32 | Location: All over US | Registered: March 12, 2008Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
No....

Instead you might use USE

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Since the more'd file needs to have the same columns as the source, use the GUI to create the initial report and all the styling, then flip to the text editor and add the MORE syntax for the additional files.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Endre,

Nem lehet est meg csinalne.

Robert

WF 7.6.11
Oracle
WebSphere
Windows NT-5.2 x86 32bit

Posts: 398 | Registered: February 04, 2008Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
RSquared,

quote:
Nem lehet est meg csinalne.

Could you please include a translation of the above? I'm just curious what it means in plain English....

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen MORE work in ReportCaster yet, but haven't tried it in 7.6.6 yet. Something to keep in mind or try out.

WebFOCUS 7.6.6/TomCat/Win2k3

Posts: 428 | Location: Springfield, MA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I don't see why MORE shouldn't work via ReportCaster. the part of WebFOCUS that processes the FEX is the same engine whether it is from live or ReportCaster.

Thanks!

Mickey

FOCUS/WebFOCUS 1990 - 2011

Posts: 995 | Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
I'll have to try that again Mickey, I thought it didn't work in 5.2.4 - perhaps I found that error while I was dreaming, I hate it when I wake up in the middle of the night and I'm working! I will test it out.

Thank you,

Posts: 428 | Location: Springfield, MA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
GamP,

Endre is hungarian, so I told him that basically 'this can't be done', or no can do etc.....

WF 7.6.11
Oracle
WebSphere
Windows NT-5.2 x86 32bit

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Carol, Mickey

MORE does work in ReportCaster, but you need to help it a bit.

After the MORE commands I give an extra TABLE request on the combined HOLD file something like

TABLE FILE HOLD1
PRINT *
ON TABLE HOLD AS HOLDCOMB
MORE
FILE HOLD2
MORE
FILE HOLD3
END
-RUN
TABLE FILE HOLDCOMB
PRINT *
ON TABLE HOLD AS HOLDFINAL FORMAT FOCUS INDEX Key
END
-RUN
TABLE FILE HOLDFINAL
create the PDF report that needs to be processed by RC
END

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Thank you Frank. Perhaps I didn't help it along, I'll give that a try.

Guru
posted Hide Post
I'm not crazy!I knew I read this somewhere and we had problems in our company with MORE in an old release. It's helpful to know that it works now, so thank you!
http://techsupport.informationbuilders.com/sps/12652070.html

Guru
posted Hide Post
Endre - sorry for hijacking your post. Good luck!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Carol Dobson,

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
And thanks for the explanation. It's always good to learn something in a new language. Only thing left now for us to find out is how to pronounce it .... Wink

GamP

in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nem lehet est meg csinalne

GamP

Let me try to help you.

The 'e' in the first 4 words are pronounced as the 'e' in enjoy, which should make pronouncing them easy. The last word , which is probably mis-spelled, is hard. the first 3 letters are like 'tchi / chi' like tai chi, the next 3 are is like 'naal' and the last 2 are like 'knee'.

I hope this helps. This could make you one of the very few non-Hungarians who can pronounce a hungarian phrase.

WF 7.6.11
Oracle
WebSphere
Windows NT-5.2 x86 32bit

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Actually, agents running RC requests do act differently -- the action stops after the first TABLE or GRAPH that produces a formatted report.

I vaguely recall a problem reported a while back with RC -- my recollection is the agent prepaturely lowered the boom right after running HOLD ... MORE, because there is no HOLD phrase in the second leg.

- Jack Gross
WF through 8.1.05

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Interesting. Thanks for the bit of information.

Thanks!

Mickey

FOCUS/WebFOCUS 1990 - 2011

Posts: 995 | Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
hmmm
i have absolutely no problems using MORE up the gazzink in RC, from 436 and on up to 766, (skipping of course the infamous 53).
Wherever i have formatted .htm pages in the middle somewhere, i just hold them, named, until i'm ready to display. i have RC jobs producing 20+ formatted .htm, and dumping them all out at the end, using -HTMLFORM BEGIN and delivering thru caster.
MORE from the gui is another story... no clue.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Although it seems that you have some ways of making MORE work in Report Caster as of the following doco it is NOT supported.

ReportCaster End User's Manual
Version 7 Release 6.1 and Higher
DN4500788.0708

See page 200: Limitations for Using WebFOCUS Features

ttfn, kp

Access to most releases from R52x, on multiple platforms.

Posts: 346 | Location: Melbourne Australia | Registered: April 15, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
wow
this works fine, i just ran it
765 unix, emailed it to my self
-* File test_more.fex
APP PATH ibisamp
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT *
ON TABLE HOLD AS HCAR FORMAT ALPHA
MORE
FILE CAR
IF COUNTRY IS 'ENGLAND'
MORE
FILE CAR
IF COUNTRY IS 'ITALY'
END
-RUN
TABLE FILE HCAR
PRINT *
END

i read what you pointed us to , Pip, and it says plain as day that MORE is not supported.
I think that's a mistake. don't you?

Wait..i figure it out.
they mean that this wont work:

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT *
ON TABLE  PCHOLD  FORMAT HTMTABLE
MORE
FILE CAR
IF COUNTRY IS 'ENGLAND'
MORE
FILE CAR
IF COUNTRY IS 'ITALY'
END

That, works live, but does not work in Caster.
ok fine, i don't think a developer would actually *do* that in the first place.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: susannah,

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Correct, RC acts only on the very last TABLE, that's where it puts its magic, not on any of the table requests that are being executed earlier. It's comparable to a pre-processing procedure, where you can do wahtever is needed to create the ultimate file that will be used for the end-report.

GamP

in Focus since 1988

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
In short, after further investigation, MORE is not in GUI, yet.
-----
Looking at implementations where MORE has/had been utilized, I see that most of the time, the final result is a target file, not a report. People using the MORE functions in .fex procedures (ok, call them reports) to generate data rather than report, like a basic ETL process. I'm still an advocate to use Data Migrator for this type of requirements and use WebFOCUS to present information. Not that WebFOCUS would not do both. Data Migrator has the MORE aka "append" in GUI.
-----
and how people found out that I’m from Hungary, I still don't know.
--
Endre

Posts: 32 | Location: All over US | Registered: March 12, 2008Report This Post