Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] In Info assist GUI can I create a % off two count distinct fields?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] In Info assist GUI can I create a % off two count distinct fields?
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi I am using the InfoAssist GUI and trying to get what percent of patients where readmitted.

I have a column in my report which is a count distinct of my VisitID's and represents the Number of patients we sent out . I have a second column which is also a count distinct of a VisitID's which tells me how many of the patients sent out came back.

I need to use the count disticnt because depending on the perameters used they many appear as comming back many times but I only want them counted once.

I want to create a new column which is the percent of patients which return by row.

I have tried :
- In the calculation screen(CNT.DST.IBI_VIEW_SNF.SNF_VW.COUNT_READMIT) /(CNT.DST.IBI_VIEW_SNF.SNF_VW.CNT_HH_DIS)
but this only returns the value for CNT.DST.IBI_VIEW_SNF.SNF_VW.COUNT_READMIT.
- Doing a define which would do the CNT.DST.IBI_VIEW_SNF.SNF_VW.COUNT_READMIT, but that did not work.

Any ideas?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

8002 Windows

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Does multiplying by 100 help?

READMIT_PCT/D4.1% = CNT.DST.IBI_VIEW_SNF.SNF_VW.COUNT_READMIT / CNT.DST.IBI_VIEW_SNF.SNF_VW.CNT_HH_DIS * 100 ;

WebFOCUS 7.7.05

Posts: 1213 | Location: Seattle, Washington - USA | Registered: October 22, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Well that gets me to ******. I changed the format to D10.1%, but still *** for any field that is not 0%.

8002 Windows

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Ok D12.2% got it to show and it is showing 100* the count disticnt of the readmit ..with a percent sign .

8002 Windows

Expert
posted Hide Post
How about creating three fields, yes 3?
VisitIDin/D12.2 = CNT.DST...
VisitIDout/D12.2 = CNT.DST...
VisitIDpct/D12.2% = (VisitIDin/VisitIDout)*100;

I may have the "(VisitIDin/VisitIDout)*100" calculation wrong. But, hopefully, you get my point.

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
i'm surprised that you can CNT.DST more than 1 variable in a single pass...
when i try such a thing, i get
(FOC1856) ONLY ONE DISTINCT FIELD IS ALLOWED IN AGGREGATION

of course, i am in prehistoric 7.6.8

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Its not giving me an error , but its not processing the code properly either .. so it probably should.

8002 Windows

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Well I am bailing out of figuring it out in WF , thanks for your help. I added a view in SQL with just the count and readmission then presented them as averages in IA. That way teh numbers and percents come out ok.

8002 Windows

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Well I bailed out on figuring out and made the report work by passing it integers from SQL and just going about it a totally different way. However , it should be disclosed that for the last two hours I have been working on a copy of it, and it seems to work fine if I do not have any subtotals in my report.. and now I get

(FOC1400) SQLCODE IS 8117 (HEX: 00001FB5) XOPEN: 42000
: Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 10.0: [42000] Operand data type varch
: ar is invalid for sum operator. [42000] Statement(s) could not be prepar
: ed. [] Deferred prepare could not be completed.
L (FOC1406) SQL OPEN CURSOR ERROR. : SNF_VW

8002 Windows

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Tara,

The issue seems to be complicated and therefore better be addressed by a case with Customer Support Services. You may call 1-800-736-6130, or access online at InfoResponse.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post