Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Repeat Column Headings and SUM Total

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Repeat Column Headings and SUM Total
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I have a two part request.
1) is there a way to have column headings repeat at a page? I have this and I want the column headings to repeat at STATUS_TXT which is OPEN or CLOSED:
TABLE FILE II21A
SUM
ACCTS_PROMO_CNT
INT_PD_2007
INT_PD_2008
BY HIGHEST STATUS_TXT NOPRINT
BY BRICK_AND_MORTOR_NM' AS 'Branch Name'
ON STATUS_TXT SUBHEAD PAGE-BREAK
" <+0>Summary of Interest Paid to ON STATUS_TXT RECOMPUTE AS 'Totals for '
ON STATUS_TXT SUBFOOT
" "
ON TABLE SUBHEAD
"sub head text"
ON TABLE SUBFOOT
ON TABLE SET FORMULTIPLE ON
ON TABLE COLUMN-TOTAL AS 'TOTAL'
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K

2) Then I would like to have a grand summary BY BRICK_AND_MORTOR_NM' AS 'Branch Name' which is the 2nd BY in my report.

Thanks all

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WF (App Studio) 8.2.01m / Windows
Mainframe FOCUS 8

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
ON BRICK_AND_MORTOR_NM SUBTOTAL ???

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Unless they have made a nice command I do not think Column Headings repeat with the use of Subheads. You would have to have your fields print
ACCTS_PROMO_CNT as ' '
and then cheat and make headings in your subhead

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
1) is there a way to have column headings repeat at a page?

By default, all column headings repeat on every page. Not sure what you are trying to do different than that. Can you give us an example of your desired output?

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Because your hold format is EXL2K, I think you will have to create the column titles as part of the heading. Be sure to use TYPE=HEADING,HEADALIGN=BODY,$
in your stylesheet so they will line up over the correct columns and do not leave any space between them.
ACCTS_PROMO_CNT
INT_PD_2007

would become
ACCTS_PROMO_CNT AS ''
INT_PD_2007 AS ''

then in your heading they would be:
"ACCTS PROMO CNT<+0>INT PD 2007<+0>etc"

I'm not real sure what you are trying to do here
ON STATUS_TXT SUBHEAD PAGE-BREAK
" <+0>Summary of Interest Paid to ON STATUS_TXT RECOMPUTE AS 'Totals for '

If you are wanting a summary in your subhead you are going to have to use a double verb. If you are wanting this in a subfooting check out RECAP.

Pat
WF 7.6.8, AIX, AS400, NT
AS400 FOCUS, AIX FOCUS,
Oracle, DB2, JDE, Lotus Notes

Posts: 755 | Location: TX | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I was able to get the column headings to repeat by changing my ON SUBHEAD PAGE-BREAK to just ON PAGE-BREAK. Just a lot of trial and error of things to get it to work.

I think the "grand summary" I was looking for needs to be in a separate fex and then included as a multiple report.

WF (App Studio) 8.2.01m / Windows
Mainframe FOCUS 8

Master
posted Hide Post
I'm still not sure what you are wanting, but you might try:

ON TABLE PAGE-BREAK
ON TABLE SUMMARIZE

Pat
WF 7.6.8, AIX, AS400, NT
AS400 FOCUS, AIX FOCUS,
Oracle, DB2, JDE, Lotus Notes

Posts: 755 | Location: TX | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Bobv, you are lucky you are using EXL2K, as a pagebreak creates new headings, and therefore new titles, in PDF, you would get a new page.

If you need a heading at the top of the spreadsheet, use ON TABLE SUBHEAD, it will only occur once.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post