Focal Point
GLOBAL TEMPORARY TABLE in Oracle

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9071097331

August 21, 2004, 04:32 PM
Cyril Joy
GLOBAL TEMPORARY TABLE in Oracle
Hi

I have a problem with the Global Temporary Table in Oracle. I am using an application with ColdFusion and WebFOCUS for reporting. After I insert some records to the Global Temporary Table in oracle which is session specific from ColdFusion and then go to WebFOCUS to generate the report based on the inserted records, WebFOCUS is returning zero records. Is there any way for the WebFOCUS to see the records inserted.

Thanks in advance.

Cyril Joy.
August 21, 2004, 06:29 PM
Tom Walker
Has Oracle terminated the session before WebFocus is able to read the table?
August 22, 2004, 12:19 PM
Cyril Joy
It is not the Oracle session that does this. For Global Temporary Table, Table definition and data are session specific. Both get dropped when the session that created the table ends.

In my case ColdFusion session is inserting the records. But this session is getting deleted when I call the Webfocus page.(I am actually submitting the form to WebFOCUS using post method)This is actually making the issue.

So the real issue is how to maintain the session created in ColdFusion to Webfocus after a webfocus request is made..

Please anyone help me in solving this..

Thanks,
Cyril Joy.