Focal Point
file names in deferred screen

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9081089882

June 23, 2008, 03:11 PM
Prasanna
file names in deferred screen
Hi,

I need a help in the display of the file names in the deferred screen.(MRE).

I have two reports coded in a single fex file. Depending on the selection in the html file the corresponding code in the fex will be controlled.

eg:

-IF &rpttype EQ 1 THEN
-GOTO RPT1;
-ELSE
-GOTO RPT2;

where &rpttype is the parameter passed from the html file depending on the selection. the issue is the user wants to see two different names in the deferred screen depending on the selection.

Eg: if rpt 1 is chosen the filename in the deferred screen should be rpt1 has been successfuly submitted for deferred execution else if rpt 2 is chosen the message should be rpt 2 has been successfully submitted for deferred execution. For this purpose I have two fex (with two different file names) which includes the same fex. This results in increase in the number of files which is doing only the purpose of include. Is there any way to do it so that I can reduce the number of fex used?

Thanks for the help!!!!!!

Prasanna
WF 717
June 23, 2008, 03:40 PM
Darin Lee
If both reports are in the same fex, there is not a way to change what appears in the deferred list, as WF only know how to read the fex that is actually submitted and uses the name of that fex in the deferred list.

There probably IS a way, using Dialogue Manager, to dynamically create and submit your fex with whatever name you want, but I'm SURE that that way is as roundabout (if not more so) than what you are doing now.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat
June 23, 2008, 04:58 PM
Sayed
You can use javascript to point your execute button directly to the focexec.

Thanks,
Sayed

WF 8.x and 7.7.x Win/UNIX/AS400, MRE/Portal/Self-Service, IIS/Tomcat, WebSphere, IWA, Realmdriver, Active Directory, Oracle, SQLServer, DB2, MySQL, JD Edwards, E-BIZ, SAP BW, R/3, ECC, ESSBASE