Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED]Eliminate 2 spaces at the beginning of every row

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED]Eliminate 2 spaces at the beginning of every row
 Login/Join

posted
I have a job that I am running, but the .txt file that is being sent has two spaces on every line at the beginning of the line. Is there any way to remove these or change them? Thanks.

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
MODEL
BODYTYPE
DEALER_COST
BY CAR
ON CAR SUBFOOT
"TEST"
ON TABLE SET HOLDLIST PRINTONLY
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOPAGE
-*ON TABLE HOLD AS TEST FORMAT ALPHA
END 

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 26 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 13, 2012Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
There are several ways.

Play with the margins
Set IN 0 for the first column
Play with the LEFTGAP in the stylesheet of the first column.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I just ran this request in 8.105 with HOLD FORMAT ALPHA. When I open it in MS Notepad, I don't see any extra spaces.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I've tried settings margins and leftgap, unfortunately it didn't work.

Maybe in 8.105 they fixed the issue.

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
Can you post the code you used that didn't work ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I created a Reportcaster job with .txt file extension referencing this fex.

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
MODEL
BODYTYPE
DEALER_COST
BY CAR
ON CAR SUBFOOT
"TEST"
ON TABLE SET HOLDLIST PRINTONLY
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOPAGE
-*ON TABLE HOLD AS TEST FORMAT ALPHA
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=REPORT,LEFTMARGIN=0,LEFTGAP=0,$
ENDSTYLE
END

I have tried all .txt report formats, and while ALPHA excludes the spacing, it doesn't factor in the SUBFOOT.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jonathan K.,

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
What format are you returning the report ?

Also FORMAT ALPHA is a HOLD file format, it does not support headings, footings, subfoots and other options.

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

Guru
posted Hide Post
[SOLVED]TEXT output format???

check if this helps

-Rifaz

WebFOCUS 7.7.x and 8.x

Posts: 406 | Location: India | Registered: June 13, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Whenever I do a hold/save I lose the subfoot formatting as Waz has stated.

Simply doing:
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
MODEL
BODYTYPE
DEALERCOST
END

Creates 2 spaces at the start of every row using TAB/TABT/WP .txt formats. Only report format that doesn't do this is Alpha, but as stated earlier, it doesn't support headings, footings, etc.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jonathan K.,

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
TAB and TABT should not have the 2 characters.

WP will, as the first two character are (old) print control for old line printers.

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

<Emily McAllister>
posted
Hello,

Like Waz stated you should not be seeing the spaces at the beginning of your file if you are using format TABT. I'm not seeing the spaces when I run it so I am not sure why you are. Do you have them even when you do not have a SUBFOOT?

Emily McAllister
Focal Point Moderator

Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Jonathan,

I have hit this very problem. It's a bunch of extra coding, but what you can do is on the TABLE FILE do a

ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOPAGE AND LINES 999999
ON TABLE SAVE FORMAT WP

Then after the TABLE FILE you set up a Dialogue Manager loop, do a -READ, LJUST each line. and then -WRITE into another file.