Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     ***CLOSED_FOC_NULL Question..I am suddenly stuck

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
***CLOSED_FOC_NULL Question..I am suddenly stuck
 Login/Join

Master
posted
The fex runs. The former html page that called the fex used to run. It was accidently deleted! I created a new html page. It calls the same fex. The fex still runs stand alone. The new html does not apparently like my FOC_NULL refernce. I am perplexed why the fex runs stand alone but not when caqlled by the html. Any ideas?

(FOC258) FIELD NAME OR COMPUTATIONAL ELEMENT NOT RECOGNIZED: _FOC_NULL.

-SET &SPECIALTYPROMPT = IF &IDXSPECIALTY EQ '_FOC_NULL' THEN 'All' ELSE &IDXSPECIALTY;

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RobertF,

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs

Master
posted Hide Post
if any weekenders are on...I'd appreciate any info...fex runs great...until its called by fex.

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I believe the error message is coming from the TABLE file commands that follow your DM -SET commands. Try setting your DM variable to _FOC_NULL at the top of your fex to simulate that value being passed by your HTML page. And turn on &ECHO so you can see what's happening as the fex processes.

-SET &ECHO = ALL ;
-SET &IDXSPECIALTY = '_FOC_NULL';
-SET &SPECIALTYPROMPT = IF &IDXSPECIALTY EQ '_FOC_NULL' THEN 'All' ELSE &IDXSPECIALTY;

WebFOCUS 7.7.05

Posts: 1213 | Location: Seattle, Washington - USA | Registered: October 22, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
_FOC_NULL is interpreted by TABLE: when it is encountered in a WHERE clause, it makes the expression always evaluate to True. But if it appears in a TABLE request outside the WHERE context, TABLE will treat it as an identifier and will throw a FOC258.

(By contrast, FOC_NONE causes the line to be discarded before TABLE has a chance to parse it.)

So it looks like a syntax issue. I suggest you add
-SET &ECHO=ON;
at the top of the fex file, and study the ECHO of the TABLE request. If the cause still eludes you, then post the ECHO and we'll proceed from there.

- Jack Gross
WF through 8.1.05

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
-SET &ECHO = ALL ;
-SET &IDXSPECIALTY = '_FOC_NULL';

This product is frustrating to say the least. I moved the SETs up top and added the ECHO ALL. I ran the fex. It runs with no problem, no errors and created a hold file several thousand records.

I next ran the html that calls the fex. It throws an error on a define item jow...not the SETs.

Whats up with that...runs fine as a fex...blows up when called by html....?

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs

Master
posted Hide Post
OK, without posting the code for the entire fex, with echo all on...I see this (which works and appears fine) when running the fex:

MTDPRIOR/D12.2=IF TBLMSTR_ACTUALBUDGETUNITWRVUCOMBINEDDETAIL.TBLMSTR_ACTUALBUDGETUNITWRVUCOMBINEDDETAIL.INVCREATIONPERIOD EQ 201505 - 100 THEN TBLMSTR_ACTUALBUDGETUNITWRVUCOMBINEDDETAIL.TBLMSTR_ACTUALBUDGETUNITWRVUCOMBINEDDETAIL.IDXRVU99WRVUS ELSE 0;

FYI - INVCREATION PERIOD IS INDEED an I/11 field.

When the HTML executes the same fex though...I see this:

MTDPRIOR/D12.2=IF TBLMSTR_ACTUALBUDGETUNITWRVUCOMBINEDDETAIL.TBLMSTR_ACTUALBUDGETUNITWRVUCOMBINEDDETAIL.INVCREATIONPERIOD EQ '201505' - 100 THEN TBLMSTR_ACTUALBUDGETUNITWRVUCOMBINEDDETAIL.TBLMSTR_ACTUALBUDGETUNITWRVUCOMBINEDDETAIL.IDXRVU99WRVUS ELSE 0;

Suddenly quotes are around INVCREATIONPERIOD....?

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
In the field properties in html composer is the field defined as allowing multiple selection with the 'add quotes' set to YES?

7.7.05 Windows.

Posts: 39 | Location: UK | Registered: July 11, 2012Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi

Check your settings on the Document ==> Ignore Filters in the HTML page and see if its set to FOC_NONE or _FOC_NULL. A similar setting is in the WebFOCUS Admin Console.

Thanks Barry

WebFOCUS 8103, Windows, App Studio

Posts: 80 | Location: NYC | Registered: November 13, 2008Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Holy doodle Robert! Who came up with those file and segment names? Talk about not being able to see the forest for the trees....

Your subtraction has me a bit puzzled: Are you wanting to subtract 100 months from a given month? 100 days from a given month??

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 Windows, Linux, DB2, IBM Lotus Notes, Firebird, Lotus Symphony/OpenOffice. Outputs PDF, Excel 2007 (for OpenOffice integration), WP

Posts: 674 | Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada ... In Focus since 1985 | Registered: September 28, 2010Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I would suggest he is subtracting a year

7.7.05 Windows.

Posts: 39 | Location: UK | Registered: July 11, 2012Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Setting the control on the HTML PAGE seems to have solved the issue (Multiple - property) Thanks.

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs