Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Change Management - Deploy B.I. Portals problem

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Change Management - Deploy B.I. Portals problem
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
Unsuccessful request run: WFConnection.importCM - IBFSException 1331: ERROR_PORTAL_ID_NAME_MISMATCH

This happens if, sometime in the past, a BIP was saved as a new name, the old one was deleted, then the new ones was renamed back to the old name. It seemed I needed to do this renaming manoeuvre because after making changes and saving the BIP, I couldn't see my changes.

Annoying.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
They really need to rework that bit so we can edit both ID and name/title. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.

Posts: 1113 | Location: USA | Registered: January 27, 2015Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
We have a case open with IBI about duplicate keys, that is caused by renaming portal/content items.

There is supposedly a fix for this in 8.1.05.

Perhaps it will resolve your issue.

I think this problem may be related to the storage in the repository, perhaps orphan records or something.

BTW, we have deleted and saved as new name with no real issues, apart from the id issue.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Just attended today's virtual user group webinar and it was given that there will be a hotfix coming out for those on 8.1.04, and it is fixed as of 8.1.05 like Waz has stated above.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Did they say when ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
He didn't say exactly when the hotfix for 8.1.04 would be out, but did say he suspects 8.1.05 to be out in around 2 weeks. It was Jim Thorstad that gave the presentation.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Glad that there will be a hotfix for 8.1.04, don't want to upgrade unless its absolutely needed.

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

Expert
posted Hide Post
I deleted the BIP in the target environment and then ran the Change Management Import function and that worked.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post