Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Report Caster Error
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi
I'm getting the following error when I try to schedule a fex file through Report Caster.
Schedule ID: S12mqr1nki29, Job Description: FOCUS_PROD_all Completed with errors/warnings Task error:Pcb2.: java.io.EOFException No report to distribute.

Any suggestions to debug? FYI the same fex file works perfectly fine if I move it to a different folder in the same environment/server.

Regards
Syed

Using WF 7.1.7/Dev Studio

Posts: 189 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: July 12, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Please note that the same fex file(scheduled through the Report Caster) works perfectly fine when I restrict the data to a lesser quantity.
is there any size limit of the FOCUS file which can be created by scheduling the Report though Report Caster?

Syed

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
is there any size limit of the FOCUS file which can be created by scheduling the Report though Report Caster?

Off hand the length number escapes me, but the amount of data being returned is limited only to what the server can stand to my knowledge. Have you tried recreating the caster job in the same area? Haven't seen the error your getting in some time, pre 5.3.6 world.

Leah

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Leah
I removed the earlier job and created a new one on Report Caster. I got the same error.
We are moving into production and this has become a show stopper issue for us!!
Please advise.

Syed

Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi Sayed,

Please verify if the folder from where you are getting the error is in the application path or no.

Regards.

WebFocus 7.6.5
AND WebLogic server as web server
sql2005 as database server

Posts: 273 | Location: Europe | Registered: May 31, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
strange that you don't get the error all the time. ReportCaster expects a resulting file to distribute. If you're only creating a hold file, there is nothing to distribute and I would EXPECT the error that you are receiving. RC (without some additional work) can only distribute a file in PDF,Excel, PS, etc.If you just say ON TABLE HOLD FORMAT FOCUS, nothing is sent back to the distribution engine. You would have to manually code an additional procedure to copy/move/send or whatever. Did you check an see if the hold file was created anyway? It may be there, even though the job finished with an error.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry joining this one a little late, bu here goes.
RCaster runs scheduled jobs, using WebFOCUS Reporting Server agents. One of the agents most likely is 'abending' (crashing), as it needs more cpu time than allocated. Easy enough to fix if this is your problem.
1. Get on WF Reporting Server webconsole
2. Select Workspace ->
3. Select Configuration -> Services -> DEFAULT.
4. Select cpu_limit (time agent must run in).
Change this nuerical value for a given
agent to a much highter value.
Note: if you see a '-1' -- this is the
default value; it means unlimited.

Hope this helps you....
Ira Aix 5333, WF 5.3.6

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi
Thanks for your responses!! I have been able to nail down on the root cause based on your suggestions - The Report Caster was getting timed out after 1 hr which was causing WebFOCUS to throw the Java Exception. I had to split up my FOCUS file into 5 different FOCUS files based on month. Then I scheduled all these 5 different fex programs in parallel using Report Caster. The FOCUS database is getting created but I have 1 concern.

We are having ON TABLE HOLD AS ABC FORMAT FOCUS kind of code in all the 5 fex files - please note that the hold file name remains the same in all of them. Will this cause any issue with the data in the FOCUS files? Is it possible that the FOCUS file for one of the fex file is referred to by another fex file running in parallel? I am not using APP PATH xyz for the FOCUS file ABC.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Syed