Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     changes to Subtotal line

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
changes to Subtotal line
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hi All,

I am trying to customize the subtotal line, tried Recompute, Recap and everything but no progress
Here is what I am trying ( This example is from a previous post Weighted Averages)
Amount (A)...........Return (B)................... Weight(E) .................. Contribution (F)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 9,500,000................14.4%............9,500,000/29,328,600...............0.046644
4,750,000................15.0%............4,750,000/29,328,600...............0.024294
3,963,600................22.5%............3,963,600/29,328,600...............0.030408
11,115,000...............14.9%............11,115,000/29,328,600..............0.056468
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
29,328,600 (C)...................................................................15.77% (D)

I need to display the output as below, without displaying the Weight(E) and Contribution(F) used for calculations..display (D) in place of total of Return(B) in the same line..
Tried FML but it reduced the performance..

Amount(A).....Return(B)
------------------------
9,500,000.....14.4%
4,750,000.....15.0%
3,963,600.....22.5%
11,115,000....14.9%
------------------------
29,328,500(C) 15.77%(D)

Finally I calculated Subtotal seperately and added it to the main table using MORE but its complicating the code.. is there any easier way to do that..
here is an example of what I did using the CAR file for replacing subtotal of DEALER_COST with that of RETAIL_COST

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
SALES
RETAIL_COST
ON TABLE HOLD AS TOTALLN
END

DEFINE FILE TOTALLN
DEALER_COST/D7 = RETAIL_COST;
COUNTRY/A10 = 'TOTAL';
END

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
SALES
DEALER_COST
BY COUNTRY
MORE
FILE TOTALLN
END

Finally added some formatting to make it look like subtotal.. Doing this is complicating the code.. can anyone let me know if there is an easier and more direct way of doing this..

Thanks In Advance
pvparuc

Release: Webfocus 7.6.11
OS/Platform: Windows
Output: HTML, EXL2K

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Have you tried SUBFOOT?

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks.. Didnt try subfoot but have a feeling it will work..
I try it and let you know if it works..

Thanks Prarie.. It worked fine..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pvparuc,

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
But there is one small problem.. I am getting some rounding error..

I am supposed to show the output as follows

---
which inturn is rounded off and displayed as

--
This could be easily achieved when calculating the total line seperately.. buy when using SUBFOOT the following output is displayed
3.1-->3
2.6-->3
3.7-->4
--------
----->10

Is there any way I can round off the values in a subfoot line...

Thanks in advance

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
See if this post helps post

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the response.. here is what I did before to get the desired results..
considering DEALER_COST is D7.2

DEFINE FILE CAR
DEALER_COST_NEW/D7 = DEALER_COST;
END

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT DEALER_COST_NEW
SALES
COMPUTE TOTAL_COST/D7 = TOT.DEALER_COST;
BY COUNTRY
ON TABLE FOOTING
" TOTAL<+0>FST.TOTAL_COST<+0>SALES"
END

The total has to be rounded after adding everything.. I was looking for a more direct way to do that.. when I looked for it in the documentation I found INT()...
Here is the final version...

DEFINE FILE CAR
DEALER_COST_NEW/D7 = DEALER_COST;
END

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT DEALER_COST_NEW
SALES
BY COUNTRY
ON TABLE FOOTING
" TOTAL<+0>INT[TOT.DEALER_COST)<+0>SALES"
END

Please let me know if there is any other way...

Thanks,
pvparuc

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pvparuc,