Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Error FOC36219 - is it a disk space issue?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Error FOC36219 - is it a disk space issue?
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
I get a FOC36219 error when trying to HOLD a file:

(FOC36219)  AN ERROR OCCURED WHEN OPENING FILE: HOLD

Is this most likely a disk space problem?

Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
I would think that is more of a permissions problem or not specifying the correct location. If we have a space problem, it seems to happen when writing a file, not reading.

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.

Posts: 975 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: October 27, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Yes, it seems like it's a AIX(UNIX) permissions problem, strangely related to TEMPERASE. When I use SET TEMPERASE=OFF, a couple of users get the error, I don't. My User ID may be in a user group with different permissions than the other two. When I use SET TEMPERASE=ON (the default), the programs run alright.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I just discovered that you can get this error if you misspell your App directory name, perhaps the file too...

Regards,
Dave

http://www.daveayers.com

WebFocus/Maintain 7.6.4-8
on Win2000 and 2003 Server

Posts: 165 | Location: Detroit Metro | Registered: September 17, 2003Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Re : (FOC36219) AN ERROR OCCURED WHEN OPENING FILE: HOLD

When you are "trying to HOLD a file," are you saying you are making a HOLD file to use (read) later ?

I'm thinking this may be having trouble "opening" a file, but it isn't "opening" it to read it, but the first step in creating it ?

I'm not that familiar with WebFOCUS, but I think this might be a confusion factor ?

(It may be a completely different problem, like the aforementioned "permissions" problems, etc, though ?)

Does this make sense, or am I off-base here ?

Thanks for helping me get this straight here !

WF 7.6.4 & 5.3
Charles Lee

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Francis,

If you set temperase off, then changes are that the agent will be re-used by someone else and can not overwrite the hold file left there by the previous user, since it now does not have the permissions of the first user any more. That would explain the error occurring for just some users. And also no error at all when temperase is on.
Maybe setting agent_refresh to 1 solves this problem, although I haven't tried that.

Hope this helps...

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Charlz,

What did you do to resolve your error (FOC36219)? I'm getting the same error & my Admin is saying it is in my fex & not related to read/write. Any ideas? Anyone else?

WebFOCUS 7.6.11, Windows XP, Excel, HTML, PDF

Posts: 25 | Location: Salt Lake City | Registered: June 03, 2008Report This Post
<JG>
posted
AFS-Skier,

look at what GamP said, If it was the same user everytime there would not be a problem, because he is the owner.

TEMPERASE=OFF is a debugging tool and should not be active in a production system.

Depending on your security it leaves files owned by individuals not the system.

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I found this issue when searching the forums for the FOC error code. I solved it, but the reason wasn't in this thread (Now it is).

In our case the problem was casued by a lock on the existing version of a FORMAT DFIX file that WebFOCUS was attempting to re-create. The lock was caused by Excel.

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :

Posts: 1669 | Location: Enschede, Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Report This Post