Focal Point
Error Report from Reportcaster

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9111084442

August 29, 2007, 07:34 PM
Jim Dale
Error Report from Reportcaster
We are migrating about 100 reports from mainframe to WebFocus and scheduling them through ReportCaster.

I don't need to know how to do this now because
we're swamped with the conversion but I'd like to know if anyone has ever written a Focus Report against the ReportCaster tables to determine if any reports have abended.

We had something like this on the mainframe and will need someting similar so we don't have to go through each log each day to see if the report ran.

Thanks,
Jim

Oracle
Unix
August 30, 2007, 04:37 AM
Roland
Hi Jim,

Have a look at column ERROR in BOTLOG. It is '1' for the execution of a schedule, if there is some sort of error message in the log.
Then in BOTLOG2 you find ERROR2. This column is set to 'Y', if the line contains an error message. The message itself tells you more.

Roland

Prod: WF 7.1.5
Test: WF 7.6.4
Unix Sun Solaris
HTML, PDF, EXL2K
August 30, 2007, 11:22 AM
Darin Lee
You just have to make sure the master files are in your app path. At our site, we use APP APPENDPATH rcaster in administrative user profiles to limit those who can report against these tables (since some of them contain secure information)

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat
August 30, 2007, 12:28 PM
Jim Dale
Thanks guys for the fast turn around. This will help me very much when I get ready to write the report. If I have any more questions I'll submit another post.

Thanks again,
Jim