Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [Solved] Default Browser in Report Caster

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[Solved] Default Browser in Report Caster
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi All,
I am trying to print the output of the report from the Report Caster Schedule.
When Normally i ran the schedule and output gets distributed in report library.the output doesn't display properly in Firefox(displays source code) however it displays properly in IE ( as i know IE is default browser for webFOCUS).no issues...!!

But the problem for me is that when i distribute the output of the schedule directly to printer, the source code(all HTML tags)of the output gets printed.Is that the case that default browser which is set will be taken to print the output in Report Caster?

Any help would be greatly appreciated..!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Anmol,

WebFocus7.6.2, WebFocus 7.1.1,Windows
HTML, PDF and Excel

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You can't output a report in HTML format directly to a printer. It has to be rendered in a browser and then printed using the browser's print utility. If you want to output directly to a printer you'll need to chose a format like Postscript or PDF (as long as the printer is capable of interpreting those output formats.)

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Darin, but i think you are little confussed..let me explain.
I have Created schedule in the report Caster which points to the particular fex of that report and for this Schedulei have specified the Distribution format as 'Printer' and given the printer address.
When i hit the Report Schedule on particular event, that output will automatically get printed...
Till this i have no issues..

but issue is the output printed is HTML code(html tags) rather than proper output.

I just wanted to know whether there is any setting of the browser for this Report Caster??

Thanks.

HTML, PDF and Excel

Expert
posted Hide Post
Anmol,

You have a schedule that has a distribution format of printer etc. etc. and when the scheduled job is executed it sends the output direct to your specified printer.

So where do you think a browser comes into play during this process?

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tony..
i Had also feel like that,
but just a curious that before the sending the data to printer from the schedule it must be rendering or not somewhere like browser.
let us know if you have any ideas.
Thanks.

HTML, PDF and Excel

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I don't think I'm the one who is confused. As Tony says, there should not be anything to do with a browser, based on what you're describing. You can't send HTML code to a printer and expect it to appear like it does in a browser. Printers don't know anything about HTML tags and cannot interpret them. So if the printer IS printing HTML code, then you MUST have the output of the report in HTML format (either by default - no output type specified, or ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML) or the output type specified as HTML in ReportCaster.

In ReportCaster you can specify the output type of the report which overrides whatever you have coded in your fex. If you specify that you want the output type to be PDF, WP, DOC, PS (something that your specific printer can interpret) then what prints will be the report content instead of the report coded in HTML.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post