Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     AJAX XMLHTTP not changing to hourglass

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
AJAX XMLHTTP not changing to hourglass
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

I am using XMLHTTP request to populate my dropdowns. When I set document.body.style.cursor to 'wait' it is not working. Does anyone know a workaround to show a busy signal when the procedure is running?

Thanks.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
At what point are you resetting it back to a pointer?

Sorry, I should have added more. What I meant to say is that I tried it, and it worked using IE7 and firefox. Are you potentially resetting the cursor back to default before the AJAX call has finished?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dhagen,

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Hagen,

Thanks for your reply.
I want the hour glass before I make the request and end after populating the dropdowns.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Are you resetting the default after you have completely parsed the returning XML document and loaded the dropdown?

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Hagen,

Yes I reset the cursor back to default after I completely load the dropdowns.

posted Hide Post
I sue IE 6 and SP2

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Setting to wait and back is normal. The only thing to note is that if the cursor remains on a link it will not change. If the link happens to be a large area the ajax may return before you can move it off. For this reason I normally use a graphic instead.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Alan, I am ussing button click event. I undestand what you mean. Before the cursor changes the HTTPRequest command takse over. You mentioned using graphics. How to do that ? Do you have the code for it?

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Are you running the request Asynchronously? If so, are you setting back to default in the onReadyStateChange (or whatever it was called) method? You might be setting the default before the request has completed. If so, run in Synchronous mode, or reset to default as the last action of the onReadyStateChange method.