Focal Point
[SOLVED] No data when running deferred

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9127095296

February 12, 2020, 01:14 PM
Rageoftheage
[SOLVED] No data when running deferred
Hey all,

I have a webfocus report that is working as intended when I run it normally but it kicks out a no data message when I try to run it deferred. The two hyperlinks are pointing at the same fex so I am little confused. Does anyone have some insight? Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rageoftheage,
February 12, 2020, 03:33 PM
Waz
Time to turn debugging on I think

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

February 12, 2020, 03:56 PM
BabakNYC
What version of WebFOCUS are you having this problem with?
Is this a Report, Chart or Document?
What's the output format?
Did this use to work and suddenly stop or did you just create this report and it's never run differed?
Is this problem happening to a specific report or all reports?
Can you submit a different request and get output?
What messages if any are you getting back? Are there any error messages in your log files? edaprint is a good place to start.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows
February 13, 2020, 06:01 PM
Rageoftheage
Hey guys, I haven't had time to start doing a detailed debug but I did find an error message when I tried to relink the fex to the run buttons.

FOC205 - THE DESCRIPTION CANNOT BE FOUND FOR FILE NAMED: *****

FOC1400 - SQLCODE IS 904 (HEX: 00000388)

FOC1410 - SQL COLUMN NOT FOUND. (FOR TABLE: CHECK ALIAS NAMES)

It looks like it repeats that for every tab I have. The file name it is referencing is what I am using to identify SQL queries and their output. There are 9 tabs and each has its own query and output something like this:

SQL SQLORA PREPARE ***** FOR
SELECT
FROM
WHERE
END
-RUN

TABLE FILE *****
PRINT
FIELD AS 'FIELD'

HEADING
TYPE
END
-RUN

This is a brand new report with excel output
February 13, 2020, 07:06 PM
Waz
Could the report be looking at a different master or connection to the DB ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

February 17, 2020, 10:24 AM
Rageoftheage
quote:
Could the report be looking at a different master or connection to the DB ?

Well every query in the report is pointing to the same DB Connection and both run now and run deferred buttons are pointed at the same report... I am noticing that the issue seems to be that when running deferred it the report is not picking up the variable values from the prompt page
February 17, 2020, 01:39 PM
Rageoftheage
This has been solved. I do not know what the problem was as all I did was copy/paste the prompt page and ran it again.