Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SHARING] User Selected columns in a report.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SHARING] User Selected columns in a report.
 Login/Join

posted
-*I had some user selectable column reports that broke. I found that you have to leave off the comma after the last field in your selections. I also found that if you include FOC_NONE as one of the choices, that column will not print when FOC_NONE is selected.

-* I had posted this earlier, this is a replacement for that original post.

-*Report that has user selected columns, user selected BYs and user selected ACROSS.
-*I found the basics of this in the search solutions of the Tech library at
-* http://documentation.informati...s.com/topics_dia.asp
-* The results of that search are at the bottom.
-*When you make a SET command the code for each SET command has to remain on ONE row.
-*(The wrap in the e-mail put the following on two rows)
-*You do not have to have duplicate field names in all of the column selectors.
-*You can mix them up if it makes sense for the report.
-*The FOC_NONE in the SET command allows a column to be ignored.
-*When the FOC_NONE is selected, that field is ignored and no column is created in the report.
-*When you create the Colums and the BY and ACROSS SET commands, do not place a comma after the last column
-*field the user is to pick from. A comma at the end will break the report in later version of WebFOCUS.
-*What I am doing for &FLD14 and &FLD15 isn't necessary with this particular data.
-*This demonstrates how you select on one field and then print a different if that makes sense.
-*In my acutal report, I selected a value field and then printed
-*the associated description field.
-*The defined field NOSORT gives the ability to have no BY and/or no ACROSS sorting happening in the report.
-SET &FLD1 = &CTR1.(DEALER_COST, RETAIL_COST, SALES, LENGTH, WIDTH, HEIGHT, WEIGHT, WHEELBASE, FUEL_CAP, BHP, RPM, MPG, ACCEL, WARRANTY, STANDARD).'COLUMN1'.;
-SET &FLD2 = &CTR2.(FOC_NONE, DEALER_COST, RETAIL_COST, SALES, LENGTH, WIDTH, HEIGHT, WEIGHT, WHEELBASE, FUEL_CAP, BHP, RPM, MPG, ACCEL, WARRANTY, STANDARD).'COLUMN2'.;
-SET &FLD3 = &CTR3.(FOC_NONE, DEALER_COST, RETAIL_COST, SALES, LENGTH, WIDTH, HEIGHT, WEIGHT, WHEELBASE, FUEL_CAP, BHP, RPM, MPG, ACCEL, WARRANTY, STANDARD).'COLUMN3'.;
-SET &FLD4 = &CTR4.(FOC_NONE, DEALER_COST, RETAIL_COST, SALES, LENGTH, WIDTH, HEIGHT, WEIGHT, WHEELBASE, FUEL_CAP, BHP, RPM, MPG, ACCEL, WARRANTY, STANDARD).'COLUMN4'.;
-SET &FLD5 = &CTR5.(FOC_NONE, DEALER_COST, RETAIL_COST, SALES, LENGTH, WIDTH, HEIGHT, WEIGHT, WHEELBASE, FUEL_CAP, BHP, RPM, MPG, ACCEL, WARRANTY, STANDARD).'COLUMN5'.;
-SET &FLD6 = &CTR6.(FOC_NONE, DEALER_COST, RETAIL_COST, SALES, LENGTH, WIDTH, HEIGHT, WEIGHT, WHEELBASE, FUEL_CAP, BHP, RPM, MPG, ACCEL, WARRANTY, STANDARD).'COLUMN6'.;
-SET &FLD7 = &CTR7.(FOC_NONE, DEALER_COST, RETAIL_COST, SALES, LENGTH, WIDTH, HEIGHT, WEIGHT, WHEELBASE, FUEL_CAP, BHP, RPM, MPG, ACCEL, WARRANTY, STANDARD).'COLUMN7'.;
-SET &FLD8 = &CTR8.(FOC_NONE, DEALER_COST, RETAIL_COST, SALES, LENGTH, WIDTH, HEIGHT, WEIGHT, WHEELBASE, FUEL_CAP, BHP, RPM, MPG, ACCEL, WARRANTY, STANDARD).'COLUMN8'.;
-SET &FLD9 = &CTR9.(FOC_NONE, DEALER_COST, RETAIL_COST, SALES, LENGTH, WIDTH, HEIGHT, WEIGHT, WHEELBASE, FUEL_CAP, BHP, RPM, MPG, ACCEL, WARRANTY, STANDARD).'COLUMN9'.;
-SET &FLD10 = &CTR10.(FOC_NONE, DEALER_COST, RETAIL_COST, SALES, LENGTH, WIDTH, HEIGHT, WEIGHT, WHEELBASE, FUEL_CAP, BHP, RPM, MPG, ACCEL, WARRANTY, STANDARD).'COLUMN10'.;
-SET &FLD11 = &CTR11.(COUNTRY, CAR, BODYTYPE, SEATS, NOSORT).'BY FIELD 1'.;
-SET &FLD14 = IF &FLD11 EQ COUNTRY THEN COUNTRY ELSE IF &FLD11 EQ CAR THEN CAR ELSE IF &FLD11 EQ BODYTYPE THEN BODYTYPE ELSE IF &FLD11 EQ SEATS THEN SEATS ELSE IF &FLD11 EQ NOSORT THEN NOSORT;
-SET &FLD13 = &CTR13.(COUNTRY, CAR, BODYTYPE, SEATS, NOSORT).'BY FIELD 2'.;
-SET &FLD15 = IF &FLD13 EQ COUNTRY THEN COUNTRY ELSE IF &FLD13 EQ CAR THEN CAR ELSE IF &FLD13 EQ BODYTYPE THEN BODYTYPE ELSE IF &FLD13 EQ SEATS THEN SEATS ELSE IF &FLD13 EQ NOSORT THEN NOSORT;
-SET &FLD12 = &CTR12.(BODYTYPE, SEATS, MODEL, CAR, COUNTRY, NOSORT).'ACROSS FIELD 1'.;
DEFINE FILE CAR
NOSORT/A1='1';
END
SET BYDISPLAY = ON
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
&FLD1
&FLD2
&FLD3
&FLD4
&FLD5
&FLD6
&FLD7
&FLD8
&FLD9
&FLD10
BY &FLD11 NOPRINT
BY &FLD14
BY &FLD13 NOPRINT
BY &FLD15
ACROSS &FLD12
ON &FLD14 SUBTOTAL AS '*TOTAL'
ON &FLD14 SUBTOTAL AS '*TOTAL &FLD14'
HEADING
" USER SELECTABLE REPORT "
FOOTING
"USER SELECTABLE REPORT "
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
UNITS=IN,
SQUEEZE=ON,
ORIENTATION=PORTRAIT,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
FONT='TIMES NEW ROMAN',
SIZE=10,
$
TYPE=SUBTOTAL,
BY=2,
BORDER-TOP=MEDIUM,
BORDER-BOTTOM=MEDIUM,
BORDER-LEFT=MEDIUM,
BORDER-RIGHT=MEDIUM,
STYLE=BOLD,
$
STYLE=NORMAL,
$
TYPE=DATA,
IN-RANGES='SUMMARY',
$
TYPE=TITLE,
STYLE=BOLD,
IN-RANGES='SUMMARY',
$
ENDSTYLE
END
-*TECHNIQUE
-*How can I select columns in any order on a report?
-*Case: 40302534 Product: Developer Studio (431>) Release: 760 Primary OS: WIN/XP Date: 08/02/26
-*Case information refers to the Product, Release, and OS for which this question was asked.
-*The solution may apply to other Products, Releases, and Operating Systems.
-*Problem:
-*How can I select columns and choose the order of how each field is displayed
-*and seen within the report?
-*Solution:
-*The example below is working with five choices for each amper variable.
-*(&FLD1, &FLD2, etc...). They consist of a blank value and four other
-*fields, giving the option to select in any order the user chooses whether it is
-*1, 2, 3, or 4 fields at a time within the desired order.
-*Example:
-*-SET &FLD1 = &CTR1.(CAR, COUNTRY, DCOST, RCOST,).FLD1.;
-*-SET &FLD2 = &CTR2.(CAR, COUNTRY, DCOST, RCOST,).FLD2.;
-*-SET &FLD3 = &CTR3.(CAR, COUNTRY, DCOST, RCOST,).FLD3.;
-*-SET &FLD4 = &CTR4.(CAR, COUNTRY, DCOST, RCOST,).FLD4.;
-*TABLE FILE CAR
-*PRINT &FLD1 &FLD2 &FLD3 &FLD4
-*END
-*Product: Developer Studio (431>), DEVSTUDIO
-*Symptom: None Assigned
-*Functional Area: None Assigned
-*Operating System: WIN/XP, WIN/XP
-*Keywords: 40302534, COLUMN, SELECT, ORDER, LIMIT, COLUMNS
-*Docid: 40302534

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.6.4
Windows XP against an Oracle Database mainly SCT Banner Higher Education ODS and EDW
Various output formats

Guy Brenckle
Budget Analyst
University of Northern Colorado

Posts: 25 | Location: Greeley Colorado | Registered: October 08, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Guy,

Thank you for sharing with all. I will mark this one as [SHARING]. If you have a question for others, please feel free to post.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post