Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Report Caster Migrate repository - Extract utility giving error

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Report Caster Migrate repository - Extract utility giving error
 Login/Join

posted
Need help with extracting the Report caster repository to load into a new installation(different server).

I tried to execute the extract utility under report caster --> db migration utilities --> migrate repository --> Extract.

I am getting the following error msg '"The Target Version (714) in your migration Config file is invalid"

the webfocus/report caster version same on new and old server 7.1. i am trying to extract from old and load into report caster repository in new server.

any idea to resolve the issue and to run successful extract?

Thank
kash

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

webfocus 7.1.7,
Windows 2003
HTML

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Unless there's an easy "hack" somewhere, I would open a case with Tech Support on this one.

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.

posted Hide Post
I did find a user getting same error msg.. but he is migrating the repository on same box. i am trying to extract.

http://solution.ibi.com:8080/30032524.html

webfocus 7.1.7,
Windows 2003
HTML

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Have you tried just entering 71 instead of 714? I don't think there were any file format changes in those releases.

WebFOCUS 7.7.05M, gen 144, Windows 2008 Server R2 64-bit, Tomcat 6.0.33, IIS 7.0, SQL Server, Excel 2013, PDF, HTML, FOCUS files.

Posts: 88 | Location: Seattle | Registered: March 29, 2007Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Do u just want to migrate the Report Caster tables with all the schedules etc? If that's the case, could'nt you just copy the db to the new server. If you're using a WebFOCUS repository, all the databases sit in the srv71/wfs/catalog directory, and it's just a matter of copying them across.

Håkan

WebFOCUS DS 8.0.06/08 DS/AS
WebFOCUS RS 8.0.08 (Linux/IBM i)
WebFOCUS Client 8.0.06 (Linux)

Posts: 319 | Location: Stockholm, Sweden | Registered: February 04, 2004Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I found this in a case. Just change 7.1.6 to 7.1.4 and you should be good.

Instructions for the 716 fix to the versiongroup.xml file in SCHMigration.jar:

1) Backup SCHMigration.jar (c:\ibi\ReportCaster\lib)
2) Open SCHMigration.jar with WINZIP and extract to temporary directory
3) In notepad, open versiongroup.xml in /ibi/broker/migrate/resource/
4) Add 7.1.6 to line:

5) Open up command prompt window.
6) cd to temp directory containing extracted archive of SCHMigration.jar
7) Re-jar archive using path to jar command:
c:\j2sdk1.4.2_12\bin\jar cvf SCHMigration.jar *
8) Copy new SCHMigration.jar to c:\ibi\ReportCaster\lib
Bob

WebFOCUS 7.7.05M, gen 144, Windows 2008 Server R2 64-bit, Tomcat 6.0.33, IIS 7.0, SQL Server, Excel 2013, PDF, HTML, FOCUS files.

Posts: 88 | Location: Seattle | Registered: March 29, 2007Report This Post