I have a report that is scheduled to run every morning at 9:00am. If I have App Studio up on my machine, the scheduled report works fine. If I do not have App Studio up on my machine, the schedule run but it gives incorrect output. The schedule consists of 27 tasks that use foccache hold files. Most of the reports are dependent on the previous report. Does anyone have any idea why this would only work when I'm logged in to App Studio. I am on 8206.
It could have several reasons that may or may not be applicable (and I may forget some...)
Since we don't know your code...
1- Does your schedule is "Published" ?
2- Does AS and RC schedule are running with the same user ID ?
3- Why using foccache ? Is it possible that the schedule reuse an already existing foccache file ? The goal of using foccache is to avoid extracting the data again if the same file already exist.
Personally, I would remove the foccache and just use the memory
I suspect that point -3- may be the reason.
Using foccache could be a good idea for interactive reports but may not be a good one using RC
WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007
The code is probably at least 80 pages so I am hesitant to post it here.
1. I see no option to publish the schedule. All of the reports and schedules are in the My Contents.
2. I believe so but I do not know how to check this. When I click on the tasks in the report, it shows my User ID for the task. Is that what you mean by the RC User ID?
3. I am using foccache for the first 26 reports and the final report goes to memory. I am using foccache because I want the files to delete after they are used since they are only for processing up to the task that generates the file that goes to memory. I would note that I had all of the tasks writing to in memory before and I had the same issue.
4. Many of the hold files contain about a million records.
I seem to have been able to fix this by implementing two changes:
1) scheduling the reports to write to foccache and not memory
2) Decreasing the size of the hold files by adding a rolling 3 month lookback timeframe, which decreases my dataset by 1/4
You can always look at the log files of the schedule and see if any errors/warnings are showing up to help you debug. Just right-click on the schedule name and 'View Logs'
I have checked the logs and they always show no errors. I am finding that it works sometimes and does not work other times. The schedule worked yesterday but the reports did not run correctly today.
Can you see the schedule in the Report Caster Explorer? /ibi_apps/rcex.rc
Also, I don't see what version of WebFOCUS you're on in your signature. It would help to know this since IBI is so fragmented.
|Powered by Social Strata|