We recently updated our WebFOCUS to 8.105M (from 8.007), and I decided it was time to bite the bullet and switch to App Studio today.
However, we must have something set up incorrectly because just looking through the folders in the Content takes WAY more time than in Developer Studio or the BI Portal.
I just timed how long it takes for procedures to show up on a clicked folder and it took 17 seconds. If you have nested folders (like all of our folders are) then it can take up to a minute to even access the procedures. In Developer Studio 8.007 accessing procedures was almost instant, and in the current BI portal (8.105M) accessing the reports is almost instant. It is only while interacting with this environment in App Studio that things are so slow.
Any ideas on what I can do about this?This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,
WebFOCUS 8.105M, Windows 10, App Studio
I've heard... ( off the record )
Sometimes with migration / upgrades the indexes on the repository are lost.
...you might need to reapply them.
At least check whether indexes exist on your repository database.
Perhaps ask your local IBI representative?This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dave,
WF: 126.96.36.199 > going 188.8.131.52
AWFUL. I switched back to Developer Studio 8.105M and the performance is much better. Whatever the issue is, I hope that it is addressed before App Studio is the only option.
I would appreciate if you would open a case with techsupport on this. If you don't report issues they don't magically get fixed.
Thank you for using Focal Point!
Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats
There may very well be a problem with the installation if anything 8007 should be slower than 8105. I know that you will get frustrated going from Dev Studio to App Studio but it will be well worth the effort once you can navigate and know were everything is.
Please open a case with tech support and they will help you with the installation issue or performance issue.
Thanks Barry Solomon
PS If you are still having problems in two weeks (I am on vacation) then open a case and ask for me and I will try to help you out...
WebFOCUS 8103, Windows, App Studio
That's funny. They do seem to magically appear.
WF: 184.108.40.206 > going 220.127.116.11
Do you perhaps have an adapter that's pointing to an inactive database?
We had that problem in some app directories. Creating a DEFINE would spin for 10 minutes before the list of available masters would display...
WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :
Also, if there is a pointer to an inactive server that shows up in the config, the AppStudio will just implode if you click on it in 'environments'.
Oracle 11g - DB2
We have had an open case on this issue for quite some time. Having a short APP Path, and a minimum number of files in your application directories seem to contribute to faster operation.
I recently stumbled across the IBI_Session_Privilege_Search_Depth parameter in the WebFOCUS Security and Administration manual; I'm not sure whether this might be a factor.
If you learn anything more, please share!
WebFocus 8201m on Windows; App Studio 8201; Procedures: WebFocus with SQL; HTML Parameter Pages & Dashboard; Output: Excel, HTML, & PDF.
We are on 8.1.04 and it gets insanely slow sometimes,
I have heard that in later versions, App Studio has been sped up dramatically.
|Powered by Social Strata|