Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Does this Graph type exist in DevStudio 7703

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Does this Graph type exist in DevStudio 7703
 Login/Join

Master
posted
Management is looking for one of two types of graphs. They would like either a thermometor or gauge type graph. It would portray, say actual units vs budget for a year. Budget would be in the background and actual (the thermonetor reading or gauge would superimpose the actual. I guess somewhere in the graph you would outline what constitues Red/yellow/green (gauge) or the thermometor reading color.

I have seen these graphs elsewhere but could not find them in the BI tool. I could not even find a simple single bar graph that I could get to emulate this. Thoughts...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Robert, are you using Advanced Graph Assistant? I think the gauge shows right up when you open Advanced Graph Assistant. I don't think there is a thermometer available.

WebFOCUS 8105m
Windows 7, All Outputs

Member of the Benelux Usergroup

Posts: 198 | Location: Amsterdam | Registered: August 24, 2011Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
To follow up: I checked in Advanced Graph Assistant and both the thermometer and gauge are available. When you click on the 'Chart type' tab and then click the button most right labeled 'Special' you will be able to select them.

WebFOCUS 8105m
Windows 7, All Outputs

Master
posted Hide Post
I will look, I saw the guage...could nto figure out how to use it...I'll look into the thermometor..THANKS!

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs

Master
posted Hide Post
Yes, I see the thermometor gauge...but it does not behave as they request...so far as I can see anyway. It looks like it plots a single piece of data. Ex: Actual amount or Ex: Budget Amount. What they want is a thermometor that plots Actual *over* Budget where you can control the color to be red/yellow/green depending on how high the actual amount is in relation to budget.

Anyone ever tried something like this?

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
OK I see what you're looking for. When you look at the thermometer's description it says: 'it will show the value of a single data point'. However, maybe you can try to realize '2 axis' in the coding:

For a dual-axis bar graph the assistant generates:
ON GRAPH SET LOOKGRAPH VBAR2AX

so you can try to replace VBAR with the thermometer maybe.

and also

setAxisAssignment(getSeries(2),1);

Hopefully this will help you,

SWES

WebFOCUS 8105m
Windows 7, All Outputs

Master
posted Hide Post
RobertF

Use the gauge ( although horrible graphic ).

In Webfocus you can add two ( or ) more dails to the same gauge.

i.e. Actual and Budget.

( any other graphic, expect pies, could visualize it better... ...but hey. )

G'luck,
Dave

Posts: 668 | Location: Veghel, The Netherlands | Registered: February 16, 2010Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys...I will try.

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs