Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] "Cannot insert file containing HOLD" Into Documents (IA)

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] "Cannot insert file containing HOLD" Into Documents (IA)
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hey,

Trying to build out a document with multiple existing reports so they can all be run in one request, 3 out of the 4 work but one doesn't because it has a hold.

It throws this message:

This is happening in IA+ running on 8.2 but also happens in IA on 8.1, I had actually known this for a while but forgot.

Because of this my docs have to be built out of permanent holds which have to be scheduled, this defeats the purpose of a doc in this situation as I'm trying to make everything run in one request.

The report in question runs in less than 2 seconds, odd to me that a hold would matter, is there a workaround for this? Possible to enable these capabilities?

Thanks for the help.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Cimmerian,

WebFocus 8.2, IA+, Windows 10, HTML

Posts: 56 | Location: UT | Registered: December 01, 2015Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
From IBI Tech Support:

Known Problems
Summary: IA: cannot insert report with HOLD in Document
Case: 11483519 Product: WebFOCUS Web Components
Status: Submitted to Product Division Date Reported: 06/13/2014
Environment Detail Information

Product Release Gen Level OS
Reported in: WebFOCUS Web Components 8.0.07 27 W2K864
Also Occurs in: WebFOCUS Web Components WF_8.0.08 W2K864
Problem Detail Information

Description:

Within InfoAssist it's not possible to insert a report that contains a hold
file in a Document.
An error is returned: "Cannot insert file containing HOLD"
Workaround:

None
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Supposition - this issue would have been resolved by now.

Sandy Kadish
Dev: 8.2.04- PostgreSQL
Test: 8.2.04 - PostgreSQL
Prod: 8.2.04 - PostgreSQL

Posts: 238 | Location: Atlanta, GA/Rehovot, Israel | Registered: May 06, 2003Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Just took part in their "Creating Active Technology Dashboards with InfoAssist Webinar" and I was told it is a limitation.

Luckily it sounds like I can create multiple reports, with multiple holds, from separate tables, in-line. Going to give it a try and see how it goes, for now my issue has been resolved. Now to see if this gives me any issues, thanks for the reply.

WebFocus 8.2, IA+, Windows 10, HTML

Posts: 56 | Location: UT | Registered: December 01, 2015Report This Post