Focal Point
How to create a stylesheet, 'embedded'?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9221071552

November 01, 2007, 02:49 PM
Jason K.
How to create a stylesheet, 'embedded'?
I would like to create a stylesheet for our company and make it available for all the developer studio users.

So far, I'm using the professional pastel blue as a template, and copying it's contents into a new .sty file named Jason.sty in the two directories that the file is located.

Unfortunately, Jason.sty doesn't show up in the drop down for style sheet selection in developer studio. Anyone know how to do this?

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.
November 01, 2007, 02:59 PM
Prarie
I would think you would have to but it in Baseapp.

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003
I think for the stylesheets to show up in the Dev Studio drop-down list they need to be in each developers' machine in:
c:\ibi\DevStudio71\bin

(Prod: WebFOCUS 7.7.03: Win 2008 & AIX hub/Servlet Mode; sub: AS/400 JDE; mostly Self Serve; DBs: Oracle, JDE, SQLServer; various output formats)
My backend is Unix and I just tried it out. It looks like the default is the bin directory of the Dev Studio desktop installation.

Maybe you could put it on a shared drive that everyone can get to. That would never work for us. But it might work for you.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google
Hello All,

It is very simple (in case of a local webfocus client)
1. Put the stylesheet on a shared map.
Any map is ok. F.e: mystyle.sty

2. A stylesheet should be located in c:\ibi\devstudio71\bin\.
Copy a shortcut of mysstyle.sty to this map

3. Adjust the stylist.dat
Add a line: mysstyle.sty My own stylesheet

This should do the trick.

Member of Benelux
Usergroup
Jason, from within DEv Studio, when you browse for a stylesheet file, you should be able to choose "Developer Studio Desktop". Fron there, choosing "WebFOCUS Environments" should allow you to see any servers set up, and choosing one of those will show you all the app directories as well as Managed Reporting client domains. You should be able to put the stylesheet anywhere within the server apppath or on the client baseapp and your users should find it using this approach without having to put it on individual desktops or mapping drives.

WF 7.7.x, Solaris
You hit it right on the head Atilla!
thanks!

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.
Charles,

I just spent a half an hour playing with this on Dev Studio 762. If you are using an 'embedded' stylesheet and the Report Painter, the stylesheet must either exist in directory you are developing in or in the Dev Studio bin directory or a directory you can access from your desktop, i.e. a mapped drive.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google