Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Maintain and params
 Login/Join

posted
i am a noobie using WebFocus76 and i want to pass a param from an EditBox to a procedure created in WebDevStudio. i created a htmlstack to hold the proc, and if i set the param's value in the proc, it works. i tried to declare a var in my maintain form and pass it with the call, but to no avail.

i know this is simple, but i can't seem to get it right. any help? thanks in advance.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I'm trying to follow your process here, but not sure if I get it.

You have a maintain with a Form. On that Form is an edit box to take user input. You then EXEC a TABLE request into an HtmlStack and want to use the user entered data from the edit box as a parameter. Presumably you then display the content of HtmlStack within an HTML object on the Form, not important.

I think what you may be hitting is the passing of parameters from a Maintain into a EXECed focexec. The EXEC line is:

EXEC focexecName from maintainVariable1 maintainVariable2 into HtmlStack;

maintainVariable1 and/or maintainVariable2 being set by the edit box on the maintain Form.

Within the EXECed focexec, variables are received only in the order in which they are entered onto the EXEC line. The receiving focexec has no notion of variable names used within the maintain. So when you pass variables, they are referred to as &1, &2 etc. within the EXECed focexec.

So if your focexec refers to &maintainVariable1, it won't know what you mean. So in your focexec, use:

-SET &myVariable = &1;
-SET &myNextVaraible = &2;

If I'm off key here, let me know.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Alan - that worked. And thanks for taking the time to explain that nuance of FOCEXEC.