Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     EDASERVE may have crashed - Active Report [CLOSED]

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
EDASERVE may have crashed - Active Report [CLOSED]
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I have been reading through various postings regarding this error message but haven't come across my scenario yet so I thought I'd throw this out to the group. I have a procedure that I created in dev studio 7.6.8 hf3. the procedure was created and saved in a managed reporting folder. I am able to output the procedure to HTML, PDF, Excel with no issues. If I choose OLAP or ACTIVE HTML the procedure bombs with this message: Unknown error occurred. Agent on reporting server EDASERVE may have crashed. Please investigate reporting server log. I then copied this same procedure to another MR domain, performed the same steps changing the output to OLAP or Active HTML and it works from this domain. The new domain was setup identically to the one that wasn't working except for the domain name and both times I was logged in as admin. I've also had cases where this would work in a MR domain, we would restart the server, and then the procedure would start producing these errors again until we again moved it to another domain. The WF server/client is currently running 7.6.9.......dev studio remains as 7.6.8 hf3 because of some "buggy" behavior we had with the 7.6.9 version. I have been told that running the older dev studio should not cause any issues. Has anyone expereinced anything similar to this behavior?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bcook278,

WebFOCUS 7.6.8
WebFOCUS Client and Server running on RedHat Linux, Developer Studio on Windows XP
All output formats

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi bcook278,

I passed this one to internals and here is what I heard: Problem occurs with WebFOCUS formats. If they can reproduce it at will they could try downloading the latest software and applying it to a test environment to see if it is fixed. Otherwise they need to open a case, this is an issue somewhere in the product to be fixed.

To open a case, please either call at 1-800-736-6130, or access online at InfoResponse.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I did open a case with TS for this so I'll close this post out.

WebFOCUS 7.6.8
WebFOCUS Client and Server running on RedHat Linux, Developer Studio on Windows XP
All output formats