Focal Point
[CLOSED] WebFOCUS Portal -- End-User can't set Upload Data permission.

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9247041196

February 27, 2019, 10:46 AM
John_Edwards
[CLOSED] WebFOCUS Portal -- End-User can't set Upload Data permission.
I have a user that I want to grant Upload Data rights in their Portal page. The option appears for me as an administrator, does not appear for the end-user.

How the heck do I set this? When I click on the Properties tab for the particular folder I want to allow them to Upload Data to, and then select Effective Policy I can see that Upload Data is not set. But I can't figure out where I need to go and what I need to click on the set it.

Can anyone help me with this? I've been working this for a couple of hours now.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

February 27, 2019, 11:28 AM
Addy
Hi John,
You can create your own rule or use one of the rules in security center and enable Upload data under Advance reporting section.
Once that is done
Bring up the Security Window by right click--> Security
It will have 2 tabs, one for the Groups and one for the Users.
You can decide if you want apply the rule for the group or users.
(I am assuming you are on version 8X)

WF 8.2.04
Windows/Unix
All Formats
In Focus since 2006
February 27, 2019, 02:58 PM
Waz
quote:
You can create your own rule or use one of the rules in security center and enable Upload data under Advance reporting section.

I would suggest being careful when creating or granting access to privileges in the security center.

Just in case the privilege has unexpected results.

Test it thoroughly.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

February 27, 2019, 03:14 PM
FP Mod Chuck
John

In the security center there is a tab named roles. If your site has created Enterprise Domains then you will see a role called DomainAdvancedUser and by default that role has the ability to upload data. If that does not exist then I highly recommend you right mouse click on the Content folder under the resource tree and choose New / Enterprise domain and create one. Name it whatever you want and it will create the DomainAdvancedUser role along with several others in the security center. Then if you assign that role to the users they will have that authority the next time they sign in. A domain folder and portal are also created as a result of creating the enterprise domain and the security rules are set for those objects allowing all the new roles access to those objects.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats
February 28, 2019, 04:07 AM
Frans
Also don't forget about granting privileges on the reporting server. Is it data that only will be used by the uploading user, then myhome is ideal. Otherwise you have to make sure they can't mess up existing applications.

Test: WF 8.2
Prod: WF 8.2
DB: Progress, REST, IBM UniVerse/UniData, SQLServer, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Greenplum, Athena.