Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] WebFocus Report That Can Refresh Itself?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] WebFocus Report That Can Refresh Itself?
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi,
We have a business requirement that if we have a WebFocus report showing on the screen, can we add some javascript code in it for e.g. to make it refresh itself every minute?
The user would use a html page to input the report criteria and the report would show on the screen and the user wants to know if it can refresh itself every few minutes so they can see the latest data from the database?
Can this be done by javascript or something else?
We haven't coded anyhting yet but just thinking if this is possible.
Thanks in advance.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WF V7.7.03
Platform: AIX 6.1 64-bit, WinXP, IE 8.0
Output Formats: Html, Pdf, Excel

Gold member
posted Hide Post
I think I may hav efound something already after doing a search on the site. I will take a look at the usggestions put forward by Francis Mariani.

WF V7.7.03

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Yep - you can do this with javascript. I've done it for "alert" windows that autorefresh at specific time intervals. I've never done it in an MRE environment though.

prod:7.6.9, win2k3 mre, caster, bid, devstudio 7.6.9

Posts: 242 | Location: Minneapolis | Registered: February 16, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Norb. I will read up on it in the admin's manual that Francis Mariani suggested. Regards.

WF V7.7.03

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

it should be sufficient to include somethings like this:

<script type="text/javascript">
setInterval("window.location.reload()",60000);
</script>

The way to include this, depends, how you create the final report.

If you use HTMLFORM you can include it there directly, otherwise you could include the script in a Title for a column.

regards,
Markus

WF 7.6.6 (MRE,BID, DevStudio, partly RC) on Windows 2003 /Apache/Tomcat
Output: HTML,Excel,PDF,PPT
Adapters: SQL Server, DB2, Oracle

Posts: 38 | Location: Austria, Linz | Registered: June 19, 2009Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thank you , Markus. I will pass it on to our developer. I managed to get the simple script from Francis Mariani to work in our MRE. Once we have mroe requirements we will do some more. Thanks again.

WF V7.7.03

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
In HTML only, I have had plenty of luck by adding this bit of code to the end of my report. Content=10 is the refesh rate in seconds.

-RUN                                                     
-HTMLFORM BEGIN                                          
<html>                                                   
<head>                                                   
<META HTTP-EQUIV=REFRESH CONTENT=10;                     
</head>                                                  
<body >                                                  
</body>                                                  
</html>                                                  
-HTMLFORM END                                            

WebFocus 7.7.03 - 7703_hotfix - Gen: 284
Dev Studio 7.7.03 - Gen: 06062011
Mainframe Focus 7.7.03
Windows WF Client Server
zOS Reporting server (hub-sub config)
Windows Reporting server
Windows RC Client Server

Posts: 30 | Location: Portland, Oregon, USA | Registered: September 11, 2009Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thank you, j42p11.

WF V7.7.03