Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] CSV or COMMA Format with Headers

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] CSV or COMMA Format with Headers
 Login/Join

posted
Does anyone know of a way to get Webfocus to distribute a CSV or COMMA formated file with headers?

Thanks,
jason

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Webfocus 7.1

Expert
posted Hide Post
Format COMT will do the trick.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
When I tried to put the PCHOLD format as COMT, I didn't get any column headers. I'm trying to distribute via email using ReportCaster in case that makes a difference.

Webfocus 7.1

Expert
posted Hide Post
ReportCaster shouldn't be an issue. We don't have RC here, so I can't test it.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm still not able to get it to work and have tried multiple things such as:

ON TABLE SET QUALTITLES ON
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT COMT
ON TABLE SET form.control.COLUMN.HEADERS 1
ON TABLE SET STYLE *

I'm entered in a service ticket to see if it is data related or something else.

Webfocus 7.1

Expert
posted Hide Post
j...
try ON TABLE HOLD AS
rather than PCHOLD
i just did it in v5, and it worked fine.
i filedeffed it and ran it and looked at the resultant file, nice header row.
Then i tried it with ON TABLE PCHOLD and all &*$%+# broke lose.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Susannah, me too! The $&*#^@* really flew!

But the one difference between HOLD and PCHOLD would be that HOLD will save the file on the server, therefore the FILEDEF would have to point to a file on the server. For PCHOLD the file would be downloaded to the local PC.

PCHOLD using the usual formats - PDF, EXL2K, HTML and HTMTABLE work fine - when I try COMT, Widnows opens a security warning and the file name and type isn't at all what is coded in the program.

This may have something to do with Internet Explorer Security settings.

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
JBucks,

The output format from a Caster job isn't really controlled from within the fex, rather from the Caster Task settings themselves.

Go to "Edit Task" and choose the "Report Format" of "TABT - Tab Delimited Text File with Fieldnames (*.txt)". You can open a tabbed output file within Excel etc. to obtain the columnar data sheet that you are after.

I think that this is as close to what you want as you can get, without resorting to pre-"filedef"ing a file, adding your heading requirements. Re-"filedef" your file in append mode as save your output to it.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Tony, couldn't you create a file in any format with HOLD and then create a dummy report that controlled by the ReportCaster settings - just to satisfy Report Caster?

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
Francis,

I believe so, as it is the final output that is sent by RC in the format determined by the task settings.

It's been a while since I really got stuck into RC and "leveraged" some output other than "here's a procedure, send it out" scenario.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
ah. i forgot the caster bit
2 ideas
i did this , klugy, but worked:
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT * 
ON TABLE  HOLD FORMAT COMT
END
FILEDEF VARREC DISK HOLD.CSV
TABLE FILE VARREC
PRINT *
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT ALPHA
END

and then in caster specified output format alpha
and sent as an attachment; it worked
i have a master called varrec just setup to read
a single field record, (i use it to read mfds, for example)
if i just tried to caster it with filetype comma, it auto opens in excel. yuck.
but you might try the second way
getting caster to distribute A FILE (from the task pane, select FILE from the drop down list where you usually pick Standard Report..etc.
I've NOT done this, but it should work; you ujust have to have already made the file and parked it somewhere in order to get caster to point to it, i'm guessing.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hello All,

my requirement is to use TABT format.

How can I display headers and subfoot/subtotals on my report

Thanks,

In Focus since 2008
WebFOCUS 8.2.0.1
Windows 7 - IE,Chrome,Firefox
Excel, PDF, HTML, AHTML, XML
JavaScript, jQuery, D3.js, Highcharts

Posts: 79 | Location: New York | Registered: February 04, 2010Report This Post
<JG>
posted
quote:
headers

That is what TABT does

quote:
subfoot/subtotals

You cannot in a single HOLD/PCHOLD operation,
SUBFOOT/SUBTOTALS are not created in data format outputs,
they are only created in document format outputs.

Your option is to generate the TABT, FILEDEF it using the (APPEND option
then add your SUBFOOT/SUBTOTALS using a subsequent request.

By the way it's not good practice to add to a 4 year old thread.

Open a new one and refer to old threads if needed.

Report This Post