Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] (FOC36318) MAP NAME: fochold ALREADY USED. USE "APP MAP fochold" TO UNMAP

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] (FOC36318) MAP NAME: fochold ALREADY USED. USE "APP MAP fochold" TO UNMAP
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi,

I am getting this error

(FOC36318) MAP NAME: fochold ALREADY USED. USE "APP MAP fochold" TO UNMAP

changing the hold name would resolve the issue. But just would like to check if there is really any way to UNMAP the maping as said in the error message.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFocus 5.2.5
HP-UX(UNIX)
EXCEL, HTML, PDF and OLAP

<JG>
posted
Do you have an APP MAP statement in your code?

If you do not then you should not be getting this error

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Can you post the code that is causing the error?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
-DEFAULT &EXECRPTHLDLOC = '/home/apps/';
 -REPEAT ENDLOOP 3 TIMES
-SET &SUP_LVL = &START_LVL;
-SET &SUP_LWLVL = &SUP_LVL - 1;
-SET &HLDFILE = &EXECRPTHLDLOC||'lvl'||&SUP_LVL.EVAL||'car'||'/';
APP ENABLE
APP MAP FOCHOLD &HLDFILE
APP HOLD FOCHOLD
-RUN
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT *
ON TABLE HOLD AS CAR_OPT
END
-RUN
-RUN
-ENDLOOP
-EXIT 

The code is actually little big so putting the idea here.
I have 3 different directory in /home/apps/ as lvl1car, lvl2car and lvl3car. I was expecting to save the output of the table file command to these three directories using loop. I actual case I have different outputs going to different directories.

_MKS

WebFocus 5.2.5
HP-UX(UNIX)

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
In the code you posted, &SUP_LVL remains constant through the three iterations of the loop.

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
It may be easier if you used -REPEAT with FOR FROM TO.

-REPEAT ENDLOOP FOR &SUP_LVL FROM 1 TO 3 ;
-ENDLOOP

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Sorry I missed incrementing ...
  -DEFAULT &EXECRPTHLDLOC = '/home/apps/';
 -REPEAT ENDLOOP 3 TIMES
-SET &SUP_LVL = &START_LVL;
-SET &SUP_LWLVL = &SUP_LVL - 1;
-SET &HLDFILE = &EXECRPTHLDLOC||'lvl'||&SUP_LVL.EVAL||'car'||'/';
-SET &START_LVL = &START_LVL - 1;
APP ENABLE
APP MAP FOCHOLD &HLDFILE
APP HOLD FOCHOLD
-RUN
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT *
ON TABLE HOLD AS CAR_OPT
END
-RUN
-RUN
-ENDLOOP
-EXIT

I am getting same error even if I use FOR loop.

WebFocus 5.2.5
HP-UX(UNIX)

<FreSte>
posted
If I understand the question correctly, you want to HOLD 3 different files in 3 different directories.

-REPEAT :LB_LOOP1 FOR &I FROM 1 TO 3;
-* --- Name of directory "under" APPROOT
APP HOLD LVL&I.EVALCAR
TABLE FILE CAR
  SUM 
    DEALER_COST
  BY COUNTRY
  ON TABLE HOLD AS HLDLVL&I.EVAL FORMAT ALPHA
END
-:LB_LOOP1

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Note:
".EVAL" is generally superfluous in a Focus command (any line that does not start with "-"), since the script (amper) variable is always replaced by the character representation of its value before the line is placed in FocStack.

- - -

.EVAL will make a difference in a Focus command if the value of the referenced script variable is the name of another script variable. For example:
-SET &ECHO=ON;
-SET &ALPHA = '&' | BETA;
-SET &BETA  = CAR;
? FDT &ALPHA
-RUN
? FDT &ALPHA.EVAL

(Try it)

- Jack Gross
WF through 8.1.05

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Assuming each app directory exists, change the code to this.

APP ENABLE
APP MAP FOCHOLD&SUP_LVL &HLDFILE
APP HOLD FOCHOLD&SUP_LVL

or

APP ENABLE
APP MAP FOCHOLD
APP MAP FOCHOLD &HLDFILE
APP HOLD FOCHOLDL

Waz...

In Focus since 1984