Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     web page doesn't launch correctly

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
web page doesn't launch correctly
 Login/Join

<Sean Williams>
posted
Webfocus developer 5.3.2

When running a report from localhost,

if I trigger a fex called main.fex to run

main.htm ( -HTMLFORM main )

the report won't display correctly

If I run main.htm ( Run as Report Server ), it shows exactly the same way

If I run main.htm ( Run as Web Server ) as web server then main.htm works perfectly.

My question is how to get the main.fex to run main.htm correctly ie as a web

Report This Post
<Sean Williams>
posted
Ok still baffled by this one,

if I replace the code that fires to the page from a fex to an actual link

The page opens up and the URL reads correct but displays a page cannot be found message.
However if I copy the URL open up a new page and paste the URL, the page opens up fine ......

anyone ever have familiar ?

Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure but it sounds like you have main.htm in a directory served by the web server instead of where the app path is pointed. The html file must be in a directory that the reporting server recognizes in the app path not on the web server. If this doesn't fix it post your code so I can take a look.....Kelly

Posts: 90 | Location: Tinker AFB | Registered: June 03, 2003Report This Post
<Sean Williams>
posted
it's a single local install, ie on my laptop, therefore report server is the same as the webserver....

Most normal pages run fine, but this one needs the webserver definitive.

managed to get it triggered by using
jscript to set the location to approot/xyz/main.htm&r= ( the random number )

however if I trigger the fex, it still tries to run as the report server not as the web server by default...
Would much rather call the fex to hide the parameters...

( in process of getting the license for the webserver but corporate dragging their heals ..)

Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Does the html file exist in a directory that is part of the wwwroot or is it in a directory that is part of the app path for the reporting server? In other words, does it exist where the other html files are or in a directory where the other focexecs are? It should be with the focexecs.

Posts: 90 | Location: Tinker AFB | Registered: June 03, 2003Report This Post