Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] No Page Header on the first page ?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] No Page Header on the first page ?
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Is it possible to make Page Header and Page Footer appear only from the 2nd page(Invisible on 1st page)?

Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

7.7.03, Windows 7, SQL Server 2005

Posts: 92 | Location: Carmel, IN | Registered: May 09, 2008Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
See if this gives you some ideas post

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Awesome !

You gave me link to a great post. Thanks Prarie !

I used

COMPUTE CONDITIONALHEADER/A80 = IF TABPAGENO EQ 1 THEN '' ELSE 'Cumulative Collection Rate Summary<+0> <+0>&PRINTEDDATE'; NOPRINT
HEADING "<CONDITIONALHEADER"

Expert
posted Hide Post
shravan,

Not only did Prarie give you a great link, she also implied a reminder that there is a "search" function (well several actually) that you could have used yourself. I know some folks find it hard to determine on what they should search, but then that's the same when they search in Google so practice makes perfect!

Also, please update your signature as per the link on the front page of this forum, thank you.

On a brighter note, thankyou for posting what you found to be a solution for you, it should help others find out when they search for a solution on "no page header" Wink Mind you, they would have to search for it though Razzer.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Shravan,

It could also be a good idea if you posted WHY you need this feature, as something more to search for in the future or as a hint for different solutions.

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Tony,

Sorry, I did not mention in my first post that I already searched for it. I agree that I did not use appropriate key words in the search.

Daniel,

In the first page of the report I have a "Report Heading" with bright colors, which has things like " Report Name, Printed Date, Requested By,etc.". From 2nd page onwards I need to display the same things(not in bright colors though Smiler)on top of the page. For that to happen, I need to put them in page Heading too. If I put them in Report Heading and also in Page heading, it will be displayed twice in the first page. So, I don't want the Page Heading to be displayed in the first page.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Shravan,

I see. And you don't want to have your "report heading" on a separate page using:
ON TABLE PAGE-BREAK AND SUBHEAD

Daniel
In Focus since 1982

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Daniel,

I did not understand what you meant by separate page.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
The report heading is generated with the command:
ON TABLE SUBHEAD
It then appears on the top of first page of your report.
If instead you use
ON TABLE PAGE-BREAK AND SUBHEAD
then it will appear by itself on the first page. The report will then start on the second page.

Daniel
In Focus since 1982

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Ooooooooooo ! Cool ! Thanks. No. You were right. That's not what I needed.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
There is a parameter called TABPAGENO that will tell you when you are on the first page. If you make use of this in a COMPUTE field, you can proably get what you want. Here's an example:

-* File car.fex
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT CAR
COMPUTE HEADING2/A20=IF TABPAGENO EQ 1 THEN '' ELSE 'THIS IS THE HEADING'; NOPRINT
BY COUNTRY PAGE-BREAK
HEADING
"1234567890"
"<HEADING2 "
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
     UNITS=IN,
     SQUEEZE=ON,
     ORIENTATION=PORTRAIT,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
     GRID=OFF,
     FONT='ARIAL',
     SIZE=10,
     COLOR='BLACK',
     BACKCOLOR='NONE',
     STYLE=NORMAL,
$
TYPE=HEADING, BACKCOLOR=RED,
     FONT='ARIAL',
$
TYPE=HEADING, LINE=2, BACKCOLOR=WHITE, WHEN= TABPAGENO EQ 1,$
ENDSTYLE
END

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Darin,

Thanks. I did the same. I posted what I did above (3rd from top).

Regards,

Shravan

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I got into the (bad) habit of starting at the bottom and reading backwards. And I didn't get to the top before posting. Good job on getting a solution.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Glad you posted your solution. Failing to mention you attempted search but could not find is certainly better in my mind than not having searched at all - as all of us here have witenssed all too often. Perhaps a "why don't you 'search xxx' - b/c this issue has been already addressed " might lead the indivdual to their target. Comments? This is just a suggestion...
Ira
AIX 533 WF 537

aix-533,websphere 5.1.1,apache-2.0,
wf 538(d), 537 (p),
==============
7.6.11 (t) aix 5312
websphere 6.1.19
apache 2.0

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I think this is a good New Feature Request to submit. The SUBHEAD and SUBFOOT have the WHEN expression the make their display conditional. It would be great to be able to specify multiple HEADINGs or FOOTINGs with WHEN conditions to handle something like this.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Mickey

FOCUS/WebFOCUS 1990 - 2011

Posts: 995 | Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Darin Lee:
There is a parameter called TABPAGENO that will tell you when you are on the first page. If you make use of this in a COMPUTE field, you can proably get what you want. Here's an example:

-* File car.fex
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT CAR
COMPUTE HEADING2/A20=IF TABPAGENO EQ 1 THEN '' ELSE 'THIS IS THE HEADING'; NOPRINT
BY COUNTRY PAGE-BREAK
HEADING
"1234567890"
"<HEADING2 "
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
     UNITS=IN,
     SQUEEZE=ON,
     ORIENTATION=PORTRAIT,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
     GRID=OFF,
     FONT='ARIAL',
     SIZE=10,
     COLOR='BLACK',
     BACKCOLOR='NONE',
     STYLE=NORMAL,
$
TYPE=HEADING, BACKCOLOR=RED,
     FONT='ARIAL',
$
TYPE=HEADING, LINE=2, BACKCOLOR=WHITE, WHEN= TABPAGENO EQ 1,$
ENDSTYLE
END

I am trying to acheive the same results but via a -INCLUDE since ALL my reports need this functionality. However, if I do a -INCLUDE I have problems since that would mean I need to -INCLUDE the compute and -INCLUDE the line of heading I want to conditionalize - but that would mean I would always have to have the compute as the last line of the print area, then always immediately follow it with 'HEADING' and then my conditionalized heading. Any ideas of how to achieve what I'm doing without locking myself into the above scenario?

Release: WebFOCUS 7.6.8
Output formats: HTML, PDF, Excel, csv

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
break it up and use two -INCLUDEs

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991

Guru
posted Hide Post
Agreed! I was just wondering if there's a way to do it all at once as multiple people would need to use this and it's easier to "package it all up" and give them an include then have it broken up.

Release: WebFOCUS 7.6.8
Output formats: HTML, PDF, Excel, csv