Focal Point Banner
Community Center Education Summit Technical Support User Groups
Let's Get Social!

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn YouTube
Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] 'Level Of Detail' Expression?
Go
New
Search
Notify
Tools

[CLOSED] 'Level Of Detail' Expression?
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
I'm sorry for bring Tableau into this. But, what is the WebFOCUS equivalent to the Tableau 'Level Of Detail' (LOD) expression?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug,

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from PC FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Currrently using 8204 Gen 48 in Test and Production.
   KGPCo at CenturyLink. October 2017 to Present...

Posts: 2843 | Location: Nashville TN Area [8204Mg48: Test&Prod] | Registered: February 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
I took a look at the Internet and found a pretty good explanation. To me it's kinda of on the order of COMPUTE with some kind of scope (FIXED, INCLUDE....) sort of.

https://onlinehelp.tableau.com...lds_lod_overview.htm

Senior Business Intelligence Analyst (BIA) @ Enclara Pharmacia
Production: WF 8.09, App Studio, BIP, RC, MSSQL / Test: WF 8204, App Studio, BIP, Reportcaster, Resource Manager, MSSQL

Posts: 288 | Location: Greater Cincinnati  | Registered: May 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Thanks Don,

Thanks makes sense... I think I did this by doing a HOLD FILE or two.

Doug

Posts: 2843 | Location: Nashville TN Area [8204Mg48: Test&Prod] | Registered: February 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
After more thought on this, it's not "[SOLVED]". Here's the deal,

1) I need to get the shipping status at a summary level, only three statuses: 'Shipped', 'Not Shipped', and 'Partial', based on the status of multiple ORDERS for multiple PROJECTS. I was using the following code, based on the 'users documentation'.

Shipped_Status/A11=IF SHIP_STATUS NE 'Active'                   THEN 'Shipped'
              ELSE IF SHIP_STATUS EQ 'Active' AND QTY_OPEN EQ 0 THEN 'Not Shipped'
              ELSE IF SHIP_STATUS EQ 'Active' AND QTY_OPEN NE 0 THEN 'Partial' ;
-*'QTY_OPEN EQ 0' means that there are no more items to be shipped for this ORDER.
That's NOT working...
Here's the user's Tableau code. They're referring to this as an "LOD Expression":
-* IF SHIP_STATUS="ACTIVE" THEN 
-* IF QTY_OPEN=0           THEN 1 ELSE 0 END
-*                                ELSE 1 END 

Thanks again...

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Doesn't the last THEN need an ELSE?

WebFOCUS 8204, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1457 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Thanks Babak,

Oh My... I haven't forgotten an ELSE in a long time. Now that clock just got reset...

However, it didn't change the result as all the scenarios were covered.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Can SHIP_STATUS or QTY_OPEN ever be NULL?

WF 8.2.03
Win10 / IE11
AHTML EXL2K PDF COMT WP ZIP

Posts: 128 | Registered: October 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Good question. But, Nope. I just verified that.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Doug

If this is still an open issue for you you may want to open a case with techsupport..

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 1328 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Not really an issue anymore. I closed it.

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from PC FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Currrently using 8204 Gen 48 in Test and Production.
   KGPCo at CenturyLink. October 2017 to Present...