Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Studio does not generate a report

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Studio does not generate a report
 Login/Join

posted
Hi All
I am very new to Webfocus and just learning the studio and its bizzare behavior. We have a network setup with some 10-15 people working on it. For some of us it successfully generates reports by clicking on the play button but for me and some other colleagues who have the similar setup it does not generate anything.
We click the generate button but no output comes. The task manager shows one iexplore running with 18k memory but no IE window appears on the screen. I have tried different browsers but the same result comes. Now, if I open an IE window alone and open some slow site just to keep it busy, the report opens in a new tab in IE but this new tab will close when I click again on generate report.
The same setup works fine sometimes infrequently. I have got the studio re-installed on my pc and it worked fine for one day but then it does not work after restarting the PC.
I also tried deleting temp files, setting the security to low, removing the popup blocker but to no avail.
I am really frustated and do not know what to do next. Please help me to fix this issue.
Thanks
Ashish
________________________________________________________________________________
Webfocus developer studio: 7.6.2, MS SQL Server 2005, Tomcat, WIndows 2000

Webfocus 7.6.2, Java, Forte, SQL Server 2005

Expert
posted Hide Post
Did you install Dev Studio under your id? If not, remove it and re-install under your id.

If that is not the case, I would recommend that you open a case with IBI. There could be any number of reasons, including your backend reporting server implementation, that are causing this behaviour.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Several issues with IE 7 have been discussed here, particularly with Dev Studio and browser windows, perhaps you're experiencing something similar.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I am trying with IE 7 as well as Avant Browser. The most baffling thing is that sometimes it works just fine and some other times it does not work.
For some of my colleagues, there is no such issue, their systems are working fine with IE 7 and the same connections etc.

posted Hide Post
Looks like the following work-around is working for me now:
Set Dev Studio to open new browser session for every request by checking the option "Use new browser to execute" in the General tab of the Windows Options dialog.
Thanks a lot for all the concern you friends shared.
I am new to Webfocus and will need your expert advice from time to time.
Thanks again.
Ashish