Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
shortcut keys
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi
I just wanted to know what are all the short cut keys we can use in the developer studio while writing the focexe.
I normally create the report usin the text editor.I want to know the short keys for
Run
Low-uppercase changes -vice versa
shortcut key for commentting the line etc...

any idea most welcome.

And also let me know whether any possible way to set the break point as like other studio and we can debug step by step.

All your replies are most welcome.i am not intrested in using mouse for anything and everything and it is time consuming too.

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hello Kasi,

I ran into the same problem about shortcut keys, I had it entered in the new features to add. Apparently there are no shortcut keys to execute a fex program. Even the command console has ctrl-enter to execute. Hopefully this is fixed soon, it does make it annoying to use the mouse when making minor changes.

Leo

Posts: 96 | Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: January 22, 2004Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Menu accelerators/shortcuts are available in Developer Studio and should accommodate the majority of available commands without requiring use of a mouse to perform an action such as Run of a request or open a file in the editor.
Depending on the O/S version, the menu accelerators will be visible or not by default
i.e. NT: default functionality is to always display menu accelerators, Win 2000: the default is off.
This is caused by changes in the Windows default behavior between different versions of Windows and applies to programs using standard Windows Microsoft Foundation Class libraries such as the one used for the menu accelerators.
For example with Win 2000, to view the accelerators, the developer must press the �Alt� key and then press the necessary keys to perform an action.
i.e. if a FEX file is selected, pressing Alt+F+R will run the request. The same step needs to be performed on NT where the menu accelerators are always visible.
As for changing the case of a selected text while working in the FOCUS editor, this option is not available in the top-level menu while working with Developer Studio 52x releases, and there is no shortcut for this.
The developer in this case must use the mouse and click on the editor�s toolbar icon that performs this task.
In release 53, we have added these options in the Edit Menu and have made many usability improvements.
In addition for developers that prefer working with an editor, in release 53 the user can open a file from Developer Studio in the editor of their choice as long as it is registered with the O/S as the default editor for the specific file type.
i.e. if EditPlus or Notepad is the default editor for FEX files, when selecting to open a FEX file from Developer Studio, the developer will have the option to open in the GUI tool used to create the procedure, in Task Viewer, in the FOCUS Editor or in EditPLus/Notepad/etc.
Developer Studio 53 will be available for beta in a few days.
Please look for announcements in the tech support site if you interested in reviewing the new release.
For other cases where shortcuts are not available, please open cases through our tech support site.

Posts: 66 | Location: New York | Registered: August 18, 2003Report This Post
<Pietro De Santis>
posted
quote:

In addition for developers that prefer working with an editor, in release 53 the user can open a file from Developer Studio in the editor of their choice as long as it is registered with the O/S as the default editor for the specific file type.
Boy, oh boy! I can't wait for this one! I use EditPlus almost exclusively to edit fexes and this is great news.

Pietro.

Report This Post