Focal Point Banner
Community Center Education Summit Technical Support User Groups
Let's Get Social!

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn YouTube
Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Dashboard: Can it use ID other than "public"?
Go
New
Search
Notify
Tools

Dashboard: Can it use ID other than "public"?
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
We are using LDAP for our authentication into MRE (and therefore dashboard). Our ldap admins don't want to create a user named "public" in their tree.

Does anyone know where we can change the default username for dashboard? When I click on Public User the screen only lets me change the password but the username is greyed-out.

Any help would be appreciated.

WebFOCUS 5.25
RedHat Enterprise Linux AS 3
Apache/Tomcat

Posts: 77 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: May 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<WFUser>
posted
I wouldn't try changing the Public user name in WebFOCUS. You can probably do a translation in the site.wfs instead. For example if your default LDAP id is USER1, you can probably do something like this in the site.wfs.

REMOTE_USER EQ "USER1
IBIMR_user=public

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<WFUser>
posted
That last post didn't display correctly. Should be this without the spaces before if and endif.

< if> REMOTE_USER EQ "USER1"
IBIMR_user = public
< endif>

Reply With QuoteReport This Post