Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Maintain : Application has been disconnected .......

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Maintain : Application has been disconnected .......
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi,

During the build of this Maintain Application , there is one thing that bugs me quite a lot .

Everytime is close the application,i get a warning window stating

" This Application has been disconnected from the server"

Can i get rid of it , in anyway?

Im on Maintain 5.3,by the way

Any Ideas?

Peter

Posts: 206 | Registered: February 25, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Pete
This usually happens when you click on the X on the toolbar instead of a clean exit. If you place an exit button on the form with a:

self.winexit();

command behind it, you will no longer get that error.

Mark

Posts: 663 | Location: New York | Registered: May 08, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Mark,

the next question would then be .. how can i disable the X on the toolbar

cause you can count on it the users will click on it to close the application *smile*

is there a way to disable it

P.

Posts: 206 | Registered: February 25, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Pete
We have never come up with a good way to do this. The X is a function of the browser. We have gotten creative and made the screen wider than the size of the browser. This way, the X appears off the screen.

Mark

Posts: 663 | Location: New York | Registered: May 08, 2003Report This Post
<San Jose Steve>
posted
In the onLoad Javascript for your form add the following bolded code.

var OriginalOnload = document.body.onload;
document.body.onload = LoadFunct;
window.onunload = unLoadMaintain;
function LoadFunct() {
if (OriginalOnload) OriginalOnload ();
}

function unLoadMaintain(){
OnbtnExit_Click();
}

Add a button to the form and name it btnExit. Add the “self.WinExit()” code from the close project button.

Case OnbtnExit_Click
self.WinExit();
EndCase

When the red X of the window is clicked, the unLoadMaintain function is called, unloading maintain and disconnecting from the server.

Good luck

Steve

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I believe that you can also add

MNTCON EXIT_WARNING OFF

in EDASPROF.PRF (or user profile) to get rid of the message.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
<San Jose Steve>
posted
That's true, however it can leave an agent hanging on the server.

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Cannot remember what happens in the 5.n releases now, but in 7.6 the agent will not hang, but will move to an idle state even if the browser is closed incorrectly when in a Maintain.

4.n releases will leave the agent hanging.

I believe that Maintain is pretty robust now and many of the older issues no longer apply. It is also difficult to intercept the generated js, and I now do not attempt to do that.

The one thing I did find was that by adding a further window.onload caused the generated window.onload to fail, and suspect adding another window.onunload may have the same effect, it may be better to use a window.onbeforeunload to save any issues with js processing if you want to go down that road.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
In the Top case of your Maintain file --

Sys_mgr.focset("maintain_warning", "off")

Posts: 1012 | Location: At the Mast | Registered: May 17, 2007Report This Post