Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Report caster schedule time and actual run tim

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Report caster schedule time and actual run tim
 Login/Join

posted
When setup a RC schedule, for example I entered 8:am for runnng daily. HOwever, the NEXT run time in the RC admin page is showing 9:am PDT, and the job is actually run at 9.

The time of the box is correct. Any idea what is wrong?
Thanks

Win2003, Webfocus 7.13, Dev Studio, Report Caster

Posts: 11 | Location: LOS ANGELES | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
It may have to do with daylight savings time being moved forward by 3 weeks. RC is still 1 hour behind.

WF 8 version 8.2.04. Windows.
In focus since 1990.

Posts: 189 | Location: pgh pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
We ran into this last year. It has to do with your PC. If your PC doesn't have the newest stuff to handle the new daylight savings date, then your display will show an incorrect time. However, the job will run at the correct time.

So, not to worry. And get the latest windows service packs on your pc.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Interestingly, we have up-to-date Windows XP OS installed and we have a variation of the problem:

Our schedules are supposed to run at 8AM, but they run at 9AM.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
There was something about a Java Run time update that needed to be applied. Don't recall details too much, but there was a thread about this in Focal Point when the date for DST was first changed.

Diptesh
WF 7.1.7 - AIX, MVS

Posts: 79 | Location: Warren, NJ, USA | Registered: October 25, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Francis,

There was another problem in 5.3.3 which you have in which the NRT was moved up an hour for some schedules. We pitched a fit, opened a case, and the problem seems to be fixed in 7.6 as we didn't have any problems last weekend.

Did Canada go along with the US change? It is a pain, eh?

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Yup, most parts of Canada went with the DST change - I still can't fall asleep before 1AM!

The client doesn't seem to mind that the schedules run an hour late - it's only for three weeks or so...

Thanks,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Thanks fellow users. I had several jobs fail this week that we had never had a problem with. The only thing I could think of was that the jobs started before the one updating the files completed. Which now makes sense because they run on two different servers. Our AS400 is obviously behind.

Pat
WF 7.6.8, AIX, AS400, NT
AS400 FOCUS, AIX FOCUS,
Oracle, DB2, JDE, Lotus Notes

Posts: 755 | Location: TX | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
I still can't fall asleep before 1AM!
Ah, the old age related problem Wink

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Tony,

Please do not take this as Medical Advice:
Take 2 Benedril.

Pat
WF 7.6.8, AIX, AS400, NT
AS400 FOCUS, AIX FOCUS,
Oracle, DB2, JDE, Lotus Notes

Posts: 755 | Location: TX | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The WebFOCUS Client and ReportCaster obtain date/time information
from the Java Virtual Machine (JVM), be aware that releases earlier than
Java JDK 1.4.2_11 and 1.5.0_06 do not account for daylight savings
time changes that began in 2007.

For more details refer to the following links below.

http://techsupport.informationbuilders.com/tech/all/all_tmo_dst2007.html
http://techsupport.informationbuilders.com/tech/wbf/wbf_tmo_047.html

For JVM version 1.4 or later, you can also use a tool to modify the time
zone data within your existing JRE. Get the "tzupdater" tool from the
Java SE download page.

Information Builders
Customer Support Services

Posts: 1 | Location: New York City | Registered: September 13, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all replies and suggestions. Finally the problem is found. As you know, we have the latest JSDK installed, but the problem is found in Report Caster - when we enter 10am, the next run time is showing 11am.

Solution- we have to update the JSDK version in Tomcat Application . Server
The credit goes to the IBI helpline consultant.

Win2003, Webfocus 7.13, Dev Studio, Report Caster

Posts: 11 | Location: LOS ANGELES | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post