Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] IN-RANGES-OF Default for Nulls

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] IN-RANGES-OF Default for Nulls
 Login/Join

posted
How do I replace the IN-RANGES-OF null value default = '***-***' with something like 'NS'?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.702

<JG>
posted
quote:
IN-RANGES-OF null value default =

There is no such thing that I've ever seen.

A simple code example of what you are trying to do might help us help you.

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
TABLE FILE A_DETAIL
BY LOWEST A_DETAIL.A_DETAIL.RESPONSE_CD
BY LOWEST A_DETAIL.A_DETAIL.SCORE_NBR IN-RANGES-OF 50
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
END

Produces...

RESPONSE_CD SCORE_NBR
1 *** - ***
0 - 49
50 - 99
100 - 149
200 - 249
400 - 449
2 *** - ***
0 - 49
50 - 99
100 - 149
3 *** - ***

How do I get *** to be 'NS'?
Thanks

WebFOCUS 7.702

Expert
posted Hide Post
This is wierd, looks like the range has overflowed.

Have you determined what the source data is for SCORE_NBR for the **** - **** ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
<JG>
posted
Actually the request is not valid (but that looks like wrong output anyway)

Your request has to have something to apply the range to
for example

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM CNT.MODEL
BY LOWEST SEATS
BY LOWEST SALES IN-RANGES-OF 1000
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
END

It appears to be 7.7.0.2 specific as it works fine in earlier releases.

I would raise a case with IBI.

The really irritating thing is that it does not display the range step where no data exists.

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I could simulate the **** with setting the size of the numeric to a smaller value, but not where it puts the *** at the first range.

Can you repro with one of the sample files ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
'*** - ***' is the default for when the source value is NULL. I could make a second pass. Over the result to convert the that string to 'NS' but I was wondering if there was more control over the IN-RANGES-OF function.

WebFOCUS 7.702

Expert
posted Hide Post
I don't believe there is a way to control it, apart from creating the ranges your self.

Waz...

In Focus since 1984