Focal Point
[SOLVED] WebFOCUS 7.6.9 Maintain deployment issue

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9307067476

February 17, 2015, 11:14 AM
Donald Dille
[SOLVED] WebFOCUS 7.6.9 Maintain deployment issue
Hello,

I am attempting to deploy a maintain application that I have modified to a dev environment. I am able to deploy but when accessing the application from a web browser, I get the following error messages.

(FOC03847) MntEX Compile failed for appname
(FOC03601) ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 1554 IN PROCEDURE appname.WINFORMS
(FOC03681) Syntax Error near column 26.
-------------------------v
UPDATECLIENTSFORM.PATH = IBFS:/localhost/DEV/appname;

Any assistance with this issue is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Donald Dille,

Donald

WebFOCUS 8.1.04
Windows Server, Win10
Excel, PDF, HTML
February 17, 2015, 11:32 AM
Maintain Wizard
Hi Donald
I believe the PATH value is used for resource files like JS, CSS and Image files. Is it possible that you are deploying the application, but did not deploy a resource file to the WEB server as well? Make sure that all the files need to run the application are deployed along with the application.

Mark
February 17, 2015, 12:47 PM
Donald Dille
Hi Mark

I can confirm that all files in the project have been deployed to the server. I'm confused as to why it is still referencing localhost since I am trying to run the application on a server.

Donald
February 17, 2015, 01:11 PM
Alan B
Donald,

I've searched through my archive of Maintain applications and have not found an equivalent declaration in a wfm file.

This is not greatly meaningful as all maintain apps can be developed differently, but it does puzzle me.

As Mark said you have to ensure all components are deployed.

I make an assumption that you modified this Maintain on your local machine. The initial question is what did you modify? And secondly was this Maintain able to be run on the local machine where the changes were made?

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007
February 17, 2015, 01:43 PM
Donald Dille
Thanks Alan.

I can not find anywhere where the path would be hard set, either.

I did modify the application on my machine. I only made a handful of changes to some fields on two forms and replaced an image file.

When attempting to deploy to the local machine I get the following error:

********************************************************************************************
Deployment Step Status: failure
Reason: Could not compile 'IBFS:/localhost/DEV/appname/startAPP.mnt'.
********************************************************************************************

Donald
February 17, 2015, 03:36 PM
Alan B
OK.

Was the image was changed on form UPDATECLIENTSFORM?

How did you change the image?

I have a 7.6 version somewhere, I'll power that up later and have a check through the MDE. I have an idea I need to check through.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007
February 18, 2015, 08:38 AM
Maintain Wizard
Donald
I'm not sure what you mean by you made a handful of changes. I hope you are not using an editor to change the MNT / WFM files. When you have forms, these files should only be changed inside the MDE. When you want to run them on a server they need to be deployed. The deployment process changes the paths to the resource files from the development machine to the server.

Please open a case with Customer Support. We will be happy to figure this out with you.

Mark
February 25, 2015, 03:59 PM
Donald Dille
The errors were due to opening the project in Dev Studio v77 before opening the project in 769 and attempting to deploy.

Recreating the changes from a backup that had never been opened in Dev Studio v77 fixed the issue and I was able to deploy successfully.

Donald

WebFOCUS 8.1.04
Windows Server, Win10
Excel, PDF, HTML