Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED]reauthenticating after clicking drill down link?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED]reauthenticating after clicking drill down link?
 Login/Join

posted
I'm trying to figure out how to bypass the SSO authentication once a user is already running the report. Right now, the user signs in through SSO, goes to the portal, selects the report he wants to run, it grabs &FOCSECUSER and passes it through a security.fex, then takes those results as an &ORGUSER and passes it through the initial report.fex. The report runs and has links available for a drill down. When you select a link, it seems like the report is trying to go all the way out then back in again and timing out. All I get is an internet connection error.

Has anyone dealt with this before? Any help is very much appreciated.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

WebFOCUS 8.02
Windows, All Outputs

Master
posted Hide Post
Sarah,

What are you using for SSO? At my shop we use CAS Authentication. We have it configured on the client side to use Trusted Authentication, so WF doesn't actually go through the authentication process. How is your SSO client configured to work with the client? Also I almost seems that from what you are talking about, you are using possibly DBA security to secure you Master Files.

From what you have described, I would either have set the security.fex as the site profile so that it runs before every report, or I would have it as a part of the Master File for Metadata that I wanted to secure in a particular way. Either way, I would start by debugging with a drill into a blank fex that only has the line of
 -TYPE I drilled into a report 
and start expanding into a report from there. As long as that works. I would expand my test to include the security.fex again and just keep going until I find the problem.

Unfortunately I am only guessing at possibilities. If you can post more about your security setup, it would help in being able to give you better help.

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SarahS:
I'm trying to figure out how to bypass the SSO authentication once a user is already running the report. Right now, the user signs in through SSO, goes to the portal, selects the report he wants to run, it grabs &FOCSECUSER and passes it through a security.fex, then takes those results as an &ORGUSER and passes it through the initial report.fex. The report runs and has links available for a drill down. When you select a link, it seems like the report is trying to go all the way out then back in again and timing out. All I get is an internet connection error.

Has anyone dealt with this before? Any help is very much appreciated.

Sarah,
Have you resolved this? I just installed CAS SSO and when I run a report that opens in EXCEL, and click on a drilldown, I'm actually getting the webfocus console page(!) instead of my detailed report.

Webfocus 8
Windows, Linux

Posts: 258 | Location: Palm Coast, FL | Registered: February 05, 2010Report This Post