Focal Point Banner
Community Center Education Summit Technical Support User Groups
Let's Get Social!

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn YouTube
Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Unicode issue- change to UTF-8
Go
New
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
[CLOSED] Unicode issue- change to UTF-8
 Login/Join
 
Silver Member
posted
Hi,

I am facing some Unicode issues between EDASERVE, iWay DataMigrater, IA, and report caster(RC). I did Set Server LOCAL to UTF-8 and WF's Admin. Management NLS setting to UTF-8 as well, and when I running a report from a table contain Chinese character(in both Field name and rows' data) which is transformed by iway DataMigrater, it shows fine at IA report section(Apache Tomcat added Define UTF-8), but when I created a schedule and 'Run' it for that report via, and I keep getting weird character from those Chinese words so it cause errors.

(FOC295) A VALUE IS MISSING FOR: &璅??迂
<< this is not proper Chinese.


after several testing, I think the issue is RC may not support UTF-8 in chinese, only Big-5?
Any Idea? or where do i need to change in my environment to work well?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nox,
 
Posts: 34 | Registered: August 29, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Nox

I have very little experience with NLS but I do know the ReportCaster does not have any settings, it passes all requests to the data server (WebFOCUS Reporting Server) defined within ReportCaster. Double check that the Reporting Server nlscfg.err file has the proper setting.

If all looks good to you then report this issue to techsupport by opening a case.


Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats
 
Posts: 1664 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Chuck,

thank you for reply, within nlscfg.err have : CODE_PAGE = 65001

and that it, I check '65001' is Unicode of UTF-8 so I guess have to open a case....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nox,
 
Posts: 34 | Registered: August 29, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Unicode issue- change to UTF-8

Copyright © 1996-2018 Information Builders, leaders in enterprise business intelligence.