Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Macro Template question

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Macro Template question
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Will I be able to create/edit a macro template if I have Windows 7 and Microsoft 2010? The company that I work for now has Dev Studio 8007 and Windows 7. We just upgraded from 7.6. When we were using 7.6 I had to use Microsoft 2003 and Windows XP in order to edit an existing macro.

Thanks.

WF 8205, Windows 10
Oracle DBMS
EXL07/PDF Output

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, you can.
You create your Macro Enabled Template in Excel 2010.
In your Fex, when calling the Template you will call it with an xltm extension if it's a simple just populating one tab Template (as below)
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL07 TEMPLATE 'WF8 TEMPLATE.xltm' SHEETNUMBER 1
If you are populating more than one tab the first HOLD will be extension xltm but the subsequent ones will be xlsm. So, in the lines below, I am populating 3 tabs of an Excel Template
ON TABLE HOLD AS TEMPLATE1 FORMAT EXL07 TEMPLATE 'WF8 FINAL TEMPLATE.xltm' SHEETNUMBER 1
ON TABLE HOLD AS TEMPLATE2 FORMAT EXL07 TEMPLATE 'TEMPLATE1.xlsm' SHEETNUMBER 2
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL07 TEMPLATE 'TEMPLATE2.xlsm' SHEETNUMBER 3

The biggest issue however is that even though it's an Macro Enabled Template, they don't run automatically when it opens.
The only way I have found round this is that if you need them to run automatically, as soon as the Template opens, the Macro's need to be in the subroutine
Sub Auto_Open()

With this comes the catch that if they go and save the template to a new file on their local drive or whatever, every time they open that file, the Macros will all run again because they are on the Auto_Open routine.
Personally, we just have the macro enabled template but have the users manually run the macros upon opening (ours are just formatting macros anyway)

WF 81.5, Windows7
AS/400 Database.
All Outputs

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
If my original template has a dozen or so pages, (including a macro or two) would I still save it as an .xltm template and add the other data inputs as .xlsm tabs?
Thank you!!
Marilyn

WebFOCUS 8.1.05 Windows 7, all output

Posts: 107 | Registered: February 18, 2011Report This Post