Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] InfoAssist+ with the same field multiple times.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] InfoAssist+ with the same field multiple times.
 Login/Join

posted
I have a question to see if anybody else has been able to resolve this issue with InfoAssist+. We use InfoAssist+ and we have Native Synonyms and from there we create Clustered Synonyms but when we go into InfoAssist+ you see the same field multiple times based on the number of times that field is used in tables in a Clustered Synonym. For example, we have a field called GL Division and when I create my Clustered Synonym the GL Division is on 3 tables so when I go into InfoAssist+ and you search for GL Division you see it 3 times and in order to know which GL Division you need to use you have to hover over the field to see what native synonym that it's coming from and sometimes you want to display the field from a specific table and in most cases it will always be the first table in the Clustered Synonym.

I was wondering if anybody has found a way to not show the field multiple times and we would just like to show the GL Division from the first table that we are joining from in the Clustered Synonym and hide the other GL Divisions. I did find a way to do it by marking the GL Division Internal on the Native Synonyms that I don't want it to show on but our members can also use our Native Synonyms in InfoAssist+ and that won't work and also at the Clustered Synonym level you're unable to mark a field Internal if that was an option I think that would be the best bet to accomplish this. I did create a Case for IBI but I thought I would check and see if anybody is having the same problems or if there is away to correct it.

Thanks,

Brent W.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Hi Brfentwetzel

Welcome to Focal Point! It is a great place to get answers to your development questions.

When you edit your Native Synonym there is a property on each field called INTERNAL. If you select that it will prevent that field from being shown to the InfoAssist + users. So you need to do that on the the GL Division fields you want to hide from the users.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post