Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] What is an abend code of 4093 in a sort step?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] What is an abend code of 4093 in a sort step?
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
One of my coworkers was executing a FOCEXEC which has been running fine for a long time and today got an abend code of 4093 on a sort step in the program. The user contacted SYNCSORT, who said that 4093 is not one of their abend codes. The program is running in an MVS/TSO environment.

If anyone knows what to check for or how to correct this type of abend, would you please share your knowledge with us? Thank you so much in advance!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: webmeister,

Mainframe FOCUS 7.0
VM/CMS and MVS/TSO

Guru
posted Hide Post
I looked in Info Response for 4093 and found three references in Symptoms and Solutions with quite disparate causes.
Additionally, there are 7 Tech Memos listed.
Have you looked at any of these?

jimster06
DevStu WF 7.6.11
W7
HTML, PDF, EXL2K

Posts: 252 | Location: USA | Registered: April 15, 2003Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
No, I didn't look at these because I didn't even know this Symptoms and Solutions area existed. Where do I find Symptoms and Solutions? And what is "Info Response"?

Mainframe FOCUS 7.0
VM/CMS and MVS/TSO

Expert
posted Hide Post
Since your company owns a copy of software from Information Builders, you should have a site code. The site code allows you to create an account on the I.B. Tech Support site:
http://techsupport.informationbuilders.com/

Here you will find invaluable resources, like documentation, tech support, and be able to open/close/browse support cases.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
It's been a while since I've been on the mainframe. But if my memory serves me right, 4093 reason code 1C is a region size error. You probably need to increase your memory allocation.

WF 8.1.05 Windows

Posts: 333 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: October 17, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Anatess, thank you for your explanation - we'll give that a shot.

Francis, thanks for replying. I had gone to that area, but could not find the Symptoms and Solutions or Info Response areas, which is why I was asking where they were located. I only wanted to know these area's locations within the tech support site so I could find the answers myself. Perhaps you could enlighten me as to what I should type in on that site to locate these areas.

Mainframe FOCUS 7.0
VM/CMS and MVS/TSO

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Symptoms and Solutions

is an option in the 'Advanced Search facility of Info Response area.

it is not an easy tool to use (are you listening IBI ?), usually resulting in either zero, or far too many hits, but with judicious use can yield some helpful crumbs.

I far prefer searching in Focal Point, but not everything is there.

Regards,
Dave

http://www.daveayers.com

WebFocus/Maintain 7.6.4-8
on Win2000 and 2003 Server

Posts: 165 | Location: Detroit Metro | Registered: September 17, 2003Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
I have had more luck with a Google search than with using the 'Advanced Search'. Prefix your search criteria with WEBFOCUS.

Pat
WF 7.6.8, AIX, AS400, NT
AS400 FOCUS, AIX FOCUS,
Oracle, DB2, JDE, Lotus Notes

Posts: 755 | Location: TX | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dave,

Thant's sort of what I was looking for, especially at those times when I haven't really used the Tech areas of IBI. Sometimes, just a little point in the right direction cuts down on a ton of back and forth messages inthese forums and save time and aggravation.

Mainframe FOCUS 7.0
VM/CMS and MVS/TSO