Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Hide Blank or Zeros Values

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Hide Blank or Zeros Values
 Login/Join

posted
Hi All,

I am working on WF Dev Studio and displaying the data in InfoAssist... am trying to hide the values that has zero or blank numbers... tried many ways but ... i think am missing some step. I would really appreciate any help.
thanks
pats.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Are you trying to hide rows or columns ?

Please provide a sample with car file or your own code.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your reply.

Am having a report that has:

Date Market Sales
Apr-1 USA 100
Apr-2 UK 0
Apr-2 USA 200
Apr-3 UK 100
Apr-3 USA 0

What I don't like to see is the Sale that has 0 value... I can change that 0 in the Dev Studio to show as empty, but still will have the row, with no data, no 0. it will be like
Apr-3 USA
the record still is in the report with no data.
So, would like to find a way to hide the 0 or the empty metrics.

thanks, hope is clear.
Pats.

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
WHERE Sales NE 0;

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :

Posts: 1669 | Location: Enschede, Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks...
Yup, But can I have that inside the Dev Studio ? or should be only added directly in InfoAssist, report designer ?

thanks!

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Gold member
posted Hide Post
You can leave it either in the Dev Studio or add it in InfoAssist, whichever is easier for you to edit later I guess.

WebFOCUS App Studio 8103
Windows7
All outputs

Posts: 58 | Location: London, UK | Registered: May 09, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks for your reply.
I am working with Report Painter at this moment, I changed what I was doing before...
Now the data is showing a DOT, the missing default value, I can change to Blank or NA etc... but what i would like to do, is to totally hide it... I am having more than one Metric in the view, so, if its just one metric is easy, but having 2 metrics, but a dimensions across and 2 dims in rows...
is there a way to not show any Missing data ?
I have the where clause saying :

WHERE (Sales IS-NOT MISSING OR COST IS-NOT MISSING ) , but still, if one of this has data, it will show the missing for the other col, like:
Jan01 Jan02
Market Process Sales Cost Sales Cost
USA PP . 100 2 50
UK JJ . 100 3 40

it is not hiding when Missing is there..

thanks,
Any comment , solution would be more than appreciate!
Also, I have used the ON TABLE SET HIDENULLACRS ON, but nothing is doing on it.

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Guru
posted Hide Post
Is this in Excel output?

Try this:

ON TABLE SET NODATA ''
ON TABLE SET EMPTYCELLS OFF

WF 8.1.05 Windows

Posts: 333 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: October 17, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Anatess, thanks for your reply ... it is similar post as the other one with my name...
am trying to find 2 diffs way for the solution. one is to Hide entire things and if cant be done., second is to reduce the height of the cells, rows, or cols ... anything possible.

It is not an excel output, is just a report.

thanks.

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs